Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] (GMT +1) New to Roll20, tabletop player / roguelike gamer, hoping to jump onto campaign bandwagon

Nice to see such a thriving community! Roleplaying is my passion, for as long as I can remember. I really don't want to cut into playing MMORPGs, so help me out! I'm an experienced geek who entered the world of pen&paper roleplaying as a DM, ye ole' 2nd edition of AD&D. Check my profile, I've listed some systems I'm familiar with. Also, I've experimented quite a bit, with Rolemaster at first, followed by a myriad of out-of-the-box rules for D&D-ish games, then tested a few of my own (loosely based on roguelikes and classic videogames). Even tried Fallout P&P, some Elder Scrolls tabletop variants and a custom-tailored set of rules leaning on Savage Worlds. Winter is upon us, days are shorter and I'd really love to roleplay with you guys on a weekly basis. I'm cool with weekends and perhaps a Friday every now and then, starting in the afternoon or in the evening. I've also just set up my Discord account and tested my mic; loving both chit-chat and character RP. I'd enjoy some PF or DCC, or perhaps an interesting Savage Worlds module. Given enough time (and reading material), I can appreciate most suggestions. Don't hesitate to write any tips regarding this community or site. I'll reply to PM and check out this Forum section, too. Don't be a stranger, roleplayer, D. Vultures
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Vultures! No playing on a weeknight of your time zone, right? I'm in AD&D 2E games, one might fit your time zone but it would be on Tuesday.
Vultures said: Don't hesitate to write any tips regarding this community or site. I've only been on Roll20 a few months now, but typically players have to go find games/DMs.  No matter how eloquent an intro post, they typically don't see a lot of traffic unless you show interest in game systems that are hard to find players for. I'm currently trawling the forums trying to find something to fill an evening myself, so I'm familiar with the trouble of finding games for UK/EU times. At the same time, it's not that easy to find a good group of players that all mesh well together and have similar tastes/wants for a game and can play well as a team.
I am starting a European time friendly game on Saturdays.  It is a Cypher System conversion of Princes of the Apocalypse.
Gold said: Hi Vultures! No playing on a weeknight of your time zone, right? I'm in AD&D 2E games, one might fit your time zone but it would be on Tuesday. It's really tempting, the fact that many veteran roleplayers won't give up 2nd edition of classic AD&D, even more that many new players are eager to try out and "win" classic campaigns. As the time goes by, I'll consider it; it's not possible ATM, as you've noticed.
Xanoth :: Ian said: Vultures said: Don't hesitate to write any tips regarding this community or site. I've only been on Roll20 a few months now, but typically players have to go find games/DMs.  No matter how eloquent an intro post, they typically don't see a lot of traffic unless you show interest in game systems that are hard to find players for. I'm currently trawling the forums trying to find something to fill an evening myself, so I'm familiar with the trouble of finding games for UK/EU times. At the same time, it's not that easy to find a good group of players that all mesh well together and have similar tastes/wants for a game and can play well as a team. It was always about poke&pass, the realm of tabletop roleplaying. Even after 20 years in and out, I still believe there are good and honest players out there. I just admire the effort to run this site, that's why I've joined. I'll eventually announce a game of my own and keep you, and everyone else yet interested, dearest to mind.
Steely Phil said: I am starting a European time friendly game on Saturdays.  It is a Cypher System conversion of Princes of the Apocalypse. We're about to kick off Brian's campaign. I'm really excited to get to meet you and share mentioned enthusiasm.