Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

So we lost Soundcloud. I think it is about time then, that Roll20 work out a deal with Ambient-Mixer.

For some time for my IRL games I've been using this website called  Ambient Mixer to create varied and fun ambient audio tracks to give some life to my scenarios, campaigns & chronicles. It's not the most known RPG music website by a long shot but it's fun to use, has tuns of variety and options and you can make your own multi-layered tracks. Obviously the loss of Soundcloud is a blow because tuns of great musicians and creators were making fantastic sound mixes for Roll20 specifically and uploading to Soundcloud, myself included. Even if we get Soundcloud back, Ambient Mixer is still a quality website that would integrate into Roll20 nicely. :)
I wouldn't use soundcloud again even if we did get it back. One of the main reasons i wasnt running on FG is because of the great sound facilities on r20..
I'm kinda hoping that we get the ability to just point it at an audio channel on our PC. that way you can hook it up to anything. Virtual audio cable, but without the setup hassle. Give us a line in!
Does VAC pick up mouse clicks, that could get a bit annoying. 
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've been hoping for adding in the API for&nbsp; <a href="http://freesound.org/" rel="nofollow">http://freesound.org/</a> for years. Soundcloud was hit or miss, and only really good for background music when it was, finding any sort of SFX or ambient noise that wasn't music was a uphill battle. I stopped using it in Roll20 a good while back.&nbsp; But since we are at this milestone, we DO need something more robust. Something that covers background music, background SFX, and one shot SFC better than soundcloud did.
Has anyone tried using "synaptop", it looks like you can upload your own music, make playlist and listen to them in real time with friends. At the moment I'm using my soundcard mixer to stream my Itunes music through skype, but the sound is subpar in comparison to what I was used too from soundcloud, on the player end that is.
Adam said: Does VAC pick up mouse clicks, that could get a bit annoying.&nbsp; Depends on how you set it up. Basically you have a couple virtual extra hardware channels. So you could put out your music to cable A and mix that to your mic. You can also have it set to the default system sound which would pick up everything. Default is easier though.&nbsp;

Edited 1475526009
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
May way is a bit complicated but it works great for me. I've been using my windows based home storage machine, with VBAudio Voicemeter (its like VAC but with an interface for mixing) combined with FL studio setup on 'live mode' installed on it.&nbsp; Remote desktop into that box, fire up voicemeter, FL studio and join our TS with that. Then I have a totally new window on my desktop just for sounds. I can play one shots sounds, music, sound from YouTube videos and such from it, and it doesn't pick up any sounds from my machine.
The problem with virtual audio cable route is that the sound quality is kinda "meh" compared to what soundcloud used to deliver.&nbsp; You also cannot overlay multiple tracks, for instance a rain track, car passing by and ambience music (shadowrun gm here) For the sound effects I use the sample player in logic (exs24) which is linked to my piano.