Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Merging images: custom lighting on background

Pierre S.
Pro
Translator
Someone had a question about merging photos but for them it was really about Fog of War settings. I have an issue where I want to show a simple map (call it image A) but then overlay another semi-transparent image of random-colored lights like from a UFO or from overhead disco-lights (image B). I will not say EXACTLY what it is in case my players are reading! I want the whole area to appear a little darker, but still recognizable, and full of tiny multicolored circles added from the lighting. How would I achieve such an effect in-game?
Gauss
Forum Champion
You will have to make a transparent image with the appropriate 'little darker' area and import it into the game. Alternately, you can use a token aura but that is going to be less precise. If you need help with the token aura let me know. - Gauss