Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cross-game Voice Talk

I created a new game just a moment ago, and suddenly I'm cross-talking with another group's game. I'm using Roll20 Beta Web RTC; they're using OpenTok??? Console log:&nbsp;<a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji0w36oszwdf83g/app.roll20.net-1476214430751.log?dl=0" rel="nofollow">https://www.dropbox.com/s/ji0w36oszwdf83g/app.roll20.net-1476214430751.log?dl=0</a>

Edited 1476216338
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is really weird, and doesn't make any sense, especially since you are both using the different services. Which of your games is this happening in? Could you see their videos, or just hear them? They could hear you too?
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1729711" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1729711</a> I heard from about 5 different groups, I think, eventually. Some were French, someone said Italy, one group was talking about gnomes, one was a different set of voices, one was just another solo guy.
i have the same problem!!! i can hear random ppl in other's game session. this happen after i did the microphone permission to chrome for this site.&nbsp;
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You were connected to multiple other game? Were they all using OpenTok, or were they a mix?

Edited 1476216742
I'm not sure. One group said OpenTok, the rest either disconnected (presumably; they went silent after a while, after complaining) or didn't speak English.
Phil B. said: This is really weird, and doesn't make any sense, especially since you are both using the different services. Which of your games is this happening in? Could you see their videos, or just hear them? They could hear you too? in my case i can just hear them, and they can hear me.
I didn't see any video; just heard voices, and could reply back with them hearing me.

Edited 1476217009
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm looking at your new game and it looks like it's set to use OpenTok. To me this looks like OpenTok's API is returning bad session IDs and putting separate groups in the same calls.

Edited 1476217549
Perhaps? Messing with my ScritpSafe stuff and checking the console log is showing a lot of OpenTok not being able to load; while my Roll20 gear settings were showing Roll20 Beta at the time of the cross-talk (but as of the last few minutes, OpenTok will appear/stay as my listed source). ScriptSafe was blocking opentok.com and tokbox prior to the last 5 minutes (I just whitelisted them).&nbsp; Over the past 10 minutes, I haven't heard any cross-talk. As when it occurred, I'm switching my broadcast&receive settings between "nothing" and "voice only". I did get the impression that one of the groups had recently started a new Roll20 game page. Perhaps game creation times are relevant here?
aɪːɛs̆ said: Perhaps? Messing with my ScritpSafe stuff and checking the console log is showing a lot of OpenTok not being able to load; while my Roll20 gear settings were showing Roll20 Beta at the time of the cross-talk (but as of the last few minutes, OpenTok will appear/stay as my listed source). ScriptSafe was blocking opentok.com and tokbox prior to the last 5 minutes (I just whitelisted them).&nbsp; Over the past 10 minutes, I haven't heard any cross-talk. As when it occurred, I'm switching my broadcast&receive settings between "nothing" and "voice only". I did get the impression that one of the groups had recently started a new Roll20 game page. Perhaps game creation times are relevant here? so how can i fix it pls?
Phil B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Made some changes, everything should be fixed now. If you are still in the game, if you refresh it should fix itself.