Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Countdown to Launch!

Edited 1476387392
Getting excited yet? I know I am! Let's try to get all of the prep done ahead of time so we can hit the ground rolling on Sunday. The Athena will be done on 055-1111, and our plan is to spend about two weeks after that moving in, settling the crew in, setting up security and network protocols, shopping for provisions, etc.. Thanks to Izek, the Launch on 70-1111 will be an Event, with fireworks, good food and drink, music, celebrities, and more. The climax of the celebration, of course, will be the christening and launch of the Athena on her maiden voyage, towards Regina and the mystery of the "Colonel 2.0." A few details about the ship and small craft to be settled before we go, as well as recording exactly what gear and other purchases we've picked up (or still need to pick up) for the company. GEAR Vic or I will be transferring the general gear that we've purchased so far from the "Inventory" tab in the Company Documents to the "Ship's Locker." Sebastien will need receipts from those who have or are planning on purchasing gear on the Company's tab. This includes the items that would have been on Crow's shopping list on Rhylanor and the stuff that the Mora Delegation picked up there. Kayleb is going to be our Quartermaster as well as our Security Chief, so he will be overseeing the Ship's Locker moving forward, and weeding out the surplus loots and other junk. Players should look at the "Ship's Locker" tab and the Wypoc Loots and communicate with him. Likewise, future requests for gear issued from or purchased for the Q-Store should go through him, and he will vet the requests and send them to Sebastien if needed. Crew Chiefs should have a standard equipment list for their staff and present it here or give it to Chief Groughtk ASAP. Drex and Taroon in particular, please give some thought to any special special medical or scientific gear that we need for the labs, workshops and med bay. Shopping and gearing-up should be done when we start on Sunday. So please post here or get in touch with either Kayleb or Sebastien before then if you need or want anything! TRAINING In the run up to taking possession of our new ship, we are spending four weeks running a “Boot Camp” for company employees new and old. The idea is to make sure every crew person on the Athena has some basic skills. Player characters don’t have to participate in the boot camp, but are strongly urged to do so- either to train the new crew or to train beside them. We have listed the following skills as general crew skills to be taught at the boot camp: Athletics Gun Combat Gunner or Heavy Weapons (For Security Personnel) Medic Vacc Suit Zero-G Training Any participant can gain as many as 4 of these skills at level 0, one for each week of training. Player characters can select for themselves, of course, and Crew Chiefs will select for their subordinates. Bridge Crew (First Officer Larzamonte/Second Officer Mazel) Janie Grownes, Claire Hardy, Seani Zyge (*Be sure to coordinate with the other Crew Chiefs on cross-training crew from other departments) Engineering (Chief Rothschild) Jana Vantent, Athen Flarker, Gilder de Brown (*Be sure to coordinate with the other Crew Chiefs on cross-training crew from other departments) Medical/Science (Doctor Vortarg/Doctor Hegey) Frank Stevelin, Darius Arturo Doyle, Thom Hobbs (*Be sure to coordinate with the other Crew Chiefs on cross-training crew from other departments) Security (Chief Groughtk) Bill Langdon, Tebor Trglet, George Crester, Diego Harris, Ashter Billet, Diana Jackson, Benjoe Garcia, Nisa Gonzal, Nancy Andrews, Yalley Osmond, Race Camden, Jerey Ugotiga, Sterling Uzbek, Carson Tanaka, Adrian Goddard This training period will be assumed to be done when we pick up Sunday, so please please post your training choices here.
Crow Boot Camp Training Athletics, Heavy Weapons (Will be available to assist and train for the other two weeks) Sebastien Boot Camp Training Athletics, Medic, Zero-G (Sensors- independent training)
Oh! And we need to deal with a deckplan for the Athena! I purchased and linked the T5 version of the Colonial Cruiser plans in to the New Resources thread. I'll take a look at that and start giving it some thought. You should too!
Jeff needs Sebastien to broker and admin him to get two maser pistols and a maser rifle. 

Edited 1476486813
Maser weapons are TL16. Unless you know something I don't, we won't be able to find them on Lunion, Rhylanor or Mora. They're also crazy heavy. Making the rolls just in case. Admin= 12 (EL), Broker= 10 (EL). If Bob says that allows us to purchase them, post that here, in case we want to get them for other crew members. EDIT: Those are Effect Levels for the two rolls, not raw.

Edited 1476406898
SORT OF IMPORTANT when submitting a request for gear please include with the name of the item it's  weight (kgs) TL and Cost (cr). So an item request may look something like this: TL Wt Cost Black Mamba (rubber) (x1) 15 2 300 Ritual Suicide Pistol (x40) 4 1 200 It wouldn't have to in a table, but it would help. Cost, Wt per unit and TL are a must though.  thanks.
I am thinking the book and page number would also help
VIC e. said: I am thinking the book and page number would also help Yeah wouldn't hurt. 
Am I right in thinking that nobody has had the time to work on a deckplan for the Athena?
No sos never done deck plans on a PC and wouldn't even know here to start. And i don't have a scanner no more to do it the old way.
Well, I've just cleaned out the Kinunir deck plans from the T5 set I posted. So we can use that as our starting point.
Has anybody determined the Boot Camp Skills for their section staff?
Yep Gerald has for engineering, do u want me to do the bridge crew? can do them now if u want.
I got 'em, thanks. Vic. How about you start thinking about what should be on each deck of the ship?

Edited 1476655370
Deck 1Bridge and Briefing room. Deck 2 Officer quarters and Vault Crew quarters, Infirmary, Top side gunnery stations. Passengers quarters, mess, Barrettes, Library, Engineering deck, 1 air lock nose, Ships locker small. Cargo, Brig, ships locker main, Shuttle bay, Air lock to shuttle bay, Engineering deck 2, bottom gunnery stations. Cargo shuttle bay, engineering deck 3. Air lock to ground access.
Wolfen, please make sure all the decks are on the same grid; the Ares had them aligned haphazardly, and that sucked real bad. Here’s a “network diagram” of how the ship should be laid out; note that the passengers can only navigate the grey arrows freely.
Tenacious Techhunter said: Wolfen, please make sure all the decks are on the same grid; the Ares had them aligned haphazardly, and that sucked real bad. Here’s a “network diagram” of how the ship should be laid out; note that the passengers can only navigate the grey arrows freely. I'm not sure I know what you mean about having all the decks "on the same grid," TT? If you mean the actual grid on Roll20, that's not something I can control. It'll be set up by whichever GM actually sets up the page in game.  Thanks for the layout help. I desperately need it. Do keep in mind that the ship has a total of 5 decks. Some of the items you note will probably be on different decks, but the care you've taken in keep track of who has access to each area is exactly the kind of thinking we need. 
I think TT may have been referring to the way that the grid on the old broadsword map didn't match up between decks. I get the feeling that isn't a problem for us. The empty Kinunir plans seem okay.  I may have missed it, but I think it was the Classic Traveller Kinunir plans that had an elevator. I may be wrong but it looked as if the T5 plans only had ladders and iris valves in the ceilings and floors. Is there any chance we can have at least one elevator?
Yer we will need 1 for the passengers, you cant expect them to clime laddersand go through hatches
Both of the deckplans I posted above (and am using for reference) have a central elevator and a central access shaft connecting all levels. I don't have any plans to get rid of those, for the same reasons you've noted.