Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG [D&D 5e] New Player to D&D/Roll20

My name is Jen and I'm looking to get back into gaming and need help finding groups for myself and my husband. While I've not done any table top I was into LARPing long ago and big into MMORPGs (EQ, WoW etc). I need a little gaming back in my life and an online tabletop adventure fits the bill perfectly. I'm anxious to start building characters and delving into the colorful world of fantasy. 1. Myself - I'd like to find a weekly (or more) campaign that I can play during the kids nap times (1pm-4pm PST Monday-Thursday) 2. Couple - I'd also like to find a weekly campaign that my husband and I can play together (8pm-10pm PST Monday - Wednesday) Please let me know if anyone's willing to let us join, or help run us through some adventures!
Thank you for your reply! I've actually been so anxious to get something going that I've been slowly building the starter kit campaign into roll20. I have no DnD experience, let alone DM experience, but my hope is if I get all the setup out of the way that it could get us playing sooner! Lol The idea of playing with another couple sounds fantastic! Even if it's a few smaller games to wet our pallets. We can be reliably available after 8pm.  We could play as early as 6pm but can't guarantee it'd be interruption free from kids until one of us gets them down at 8pm.  Keep us in mind if you think our timings could work, I'd love another gal pal to adventure with!
I've downloaded one of the free modules/campaigns, and saw LMoP available, but I'm a tactile learner, so taking time to familiarize with roll20 functionality and building a campaign has been fun and a learning experience. I begin to daydream of possible side adventures that could occur.  The hard part for me is I would love to go through character creation and role play, but staging scenarios is fun too 😝.
Likewise, building the campaign from the ground up not only helps me learn the workings of Roll20 but it better cements the details of the adventure for me.