Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking to learn from a group

Looking to learn any of the games here, and am hoping to learn with a group of people who are experienced or also learning. Wouldn't mind someone just walking me through a game solo though.
Same boat.  Tried the group finder and i didn't see anything. Although I did just make an account like 2 min. ago. 
I also saw nothing in the results so i came to the forums for help
I see some ppl. looking for groups but its for games I have never herd of.  Kinda just want to start with some basics. Ill take what I can get I guess. 
I know what you mean, I just wanna get into this environment. it seems really fun
For sure.  I was listaning to this book that made me want to try it. Your profile says you have like 25 hours played? 
Yea i played a single game about a year ago and then left for the army so i have been trying to get back into this site so i can really get into this
Nice ya let me know if you find somthing. Ill hit you up if I do. 
Cool thanks man
I am in the same situation as you guys, been following and watching the stuff for a long time but haven't found a way to get into it, just found out about this site last night, figured I would dive in and see what it's all about.
What games are you guys wanting to play..?
From what I have been hearing from other people, DnD 5e is apperently a good place to start, so that's where I am aiming unless giving other information.
If you are looking for a community of people playing that are very helpful to new players, you could try out 4e DnD.  I'm one of the DMs for The Living Guild Campaign and we help a lot of new people get set up and sorted.  The style of the campaign is also a 'play when you want, don't play when you don't want/have time' sort of deal so other than the initial investment of time to get the basics done and a character built it is very low-investment required.  If that sounds like something that is interesting to one of you all, feel free to toss me a PM or find us on the group finder.
Shadow of the Demon Lord is another great system that's quick to pick up and play. I'd also recommend the Apocalypse World derivities like Mask & Monsterhearts as another good example of a game that's easy to learn.
Well, I have no idea in which timezone you're living, but if you'd be free to play this Friday, 21 September, I'll run a one-shot adventure starting at 7pm GMT+2. It will be set in the Star Wars universe and will use the Edge of the Empire roleplaying system. Check out the following link if you're interested: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59764/under-a-b" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/59764/under-a-b</a>... I know it's no DnD,&nbsp; but maybe you're interested. New players are always welcome. If that isn't your cup of tea, I wish you the best for your search and good gaming! FeBommel
I realized I didn't actually post links for the game and that would be preferable: The Living Guild LFG Forum Post and/or check this entry out: The Living Guild LFG Listing
in case you are interested, I am getting a Pathfinder Halloween special together. Might not be at a convenient time for you, though. In any case, you can&nbsp; check it out here.