Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] The Crusade of Flames

I am looking for players to play in a setting based off of the First Crusade. The players would begin in the city of Toulon and move eastward in a huge eastward migration. In most RPGs, you play in a set location (like a kingdom) and go on adventures around that set location. I want to play with the idea of the players constantly moving in a massive camp and the cultures change as the migration moves on. Additionally, I want religion to be really important…it is a crusade. However, some people are going on this crusade for religious devotion, others are going for economic gain, while some just want the chance for adventure. Also, these people are of all different social classes. As this migration faces hardship, does it become more democratic, are previous social ties loosened, or strengthened. Let me know of any interest, questions, or comments.
Time/day/ SYSTEM?
It would pretty much have to be weekends, but I can be fairly flexible with time. As for system, this is the hard sell. I am not the biggest fan of most RPG mechanics to tell the type of stories I want to tell. I want combat to be unforgiving to encourage fewer but more dramatic combat scenes. Also, I just dont like D&D magic. So I want to use my own system of rules which I have available in a PDF.