Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GuloxMara, 19th of Calistria

Gulo wiped his hands of wyvern blood, adding his meat to the Shaonate's, with the battle over he turned his attention back to the child, she had followed his orders yes but he was under no illusion of loyalty, she had merely done it because it lined up with her ideals. He would have to do something about this, he could already sense the smoldering resentment within her. he walked to Mara, even his small statue tower over her, and talking with his low and gravely voice said "Why are you here?"
Mara rolls her eyes. "You didn't listen the first 4 times I said it?" She sighs heavily, frustratedly. Glaring at Gulo as she speaks, with her lips slowly curling into a sneer. "Giants killed my parents, struck my sister dumb. I'm fixing to take my revenge. I would rather not have to live through the experience again, or allow for anyone else to either. There, you know why I'm here. I have a personal stake. Why are you here, most esteemed leader? What's your motivation?" Mara practically snarls out the last questions.
He leans in close, looking her strait in the eyes "Revenge, is that truly your reason for being here?"
Mara unconsciously takes a step back, intimidated by the person in front of her. "Yes. Why in the Hells would I be here otherwise? It's not like it's fun to hurt things. Well, not for normal people like me. Maybe you do. I want to stop the giants. I want to kill them. I want to make them feel what I have, so useless and powerless before an unstoppable force. Now I have the power to do it. You clearly don't. So fuck off and leave me alone, creep." Mara deliberately takes another step back, crossing her arms over her chest and trying to impart the full force of her will through the glare she had fixed on Gulo.
"I see." Gulo glares at her, his voice full of venom "Go home child and take your revenge with you, I can do nothing with such a selfish emotion."
Mara spits at Gulo's feet. "I don't need you to do anything with me or with my emotions. I need you to keep your weakness out of my way. It's not my fault you're jealous of my power, that I can destroy my enemies. You're just a fucked up goblin who's only friend is your equally fucked up cat. You're unnecessary. If anyone should leave, it's you." She angrily, haughtily, turns away from Gulo and begins to walk away from him. 

Edited 1477264550
Dylan
Plus
"You are powerful I will admit, but raw power means nothing, as does raw emotion." Gulo lights his pipe, taking a long drag "So go ahead mein liepchen, go into the heart of jorgenfist spewing fire like a demon, turn waves of giants to ash and destroy all those who would halt you in your fury! I can garuntee you will not only succeed in your death and the group but also sandpoint, possibly even the entirety of Varisia." he drops his pipe, grabbing Mara and roughly turning her around, roaring in her face "And if you think for one moment that as I draw breath I will allow you to jeopardize thousands of lives for the sake of your petty revenge you are sorely mistaken child! I am Gulo, all my life I have dedicated myself body and soul to whatever cause I have been apart of and that does not stop now because of a whelp with fire!" his grip becomes a vice as his grins turns manic "So turn me to ash now whelp as you do all things that stand in your way!"
Mara yelps as Gulo grabs her shoulder, spinning her and screaming at her. Eyes wide with fear, tears beginning to form at the corners, she stares at Gulo for a moment before regaining her composure. Her eyes narrow, brows pulling in with anger, and she wipes the tears away. "Are you so sad that you want to die? You coward. I joined this group for a reason, because I wanted to do this right. I was frightened that I couldn't do it alone, and I know I can't kill them all alone. If I thought otherwise, do you truly think I'd still be here? By the gods, are you all this stupid, or are you just special?" Her skin heats up where Gulo is holding her shoulder, slowly beginning to burn his palm and grasping fingers. Mara turns her glare up to 11, silently daring Gulo to back down, to let go of her, to succumb to his pain and her power. To her superiority. 
Aryah steps forward, and Glowers at the hob "Back off hob. The young one has proven herself many times in battle, and deserves the respect of us all." She turns to Mara "You did well, you have much to learn, but for your first time out, you did very well. You will make a great warrior. Come, join Cheveyo and I."
Gulo throws his free hand upon Mara's shoulder, his mad grin still growing "I do not fear death welp, my life is nothing in comparison to the mission and I am not unique in this regard. Everyone here is willing to risk their life for the good of varisa and people even met let alone know, strangers who may even hate them, and even for selfish brats as well. but are you ready to do that welp, or when the icy fangs of oblivion close around you will you run away screaming?" he comes in closer, face to face with Mara.
Aryah grabs Gulo's wrist and prys his hand from Mara's shoulder. "I said ENOUGH! "
"Of course I'm willing to risk my life. What is one life for so many? What do I have to live for anyway?" Mara spits at Gulo's feet once again, this time the saliva catching fire before it lands. "I'm not trying to die, but if I have to then I will. Someone sacrificed their life for me and I'm prepared to do the same for all the others who may be threatened by these giants."
Gulo looks down at his burned palms, chuckling "But are you willing to put the needs of others above your own petty wants, that remains to be seen."