Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ace Editor Fails to load -- net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Edited 1477325353
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
Heya, so, I loaded up the development server to work on my sheet and, my code is gone. I freaked, panicked and after calming down, realized the html and css are still in there, I just can't see them. Upon loading the game settings, the html/css/translation/preview tabs are all blank white space. Did I mess something up or is something going on with the development side? Edit: This seems to be affecting production side also.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. Try clearing your cache and reloading the page?  Or a different browser?
Tried clearing cache and reloading, no effect. As for web browsers, I only have firefox, but I can try downloading a different one if there is one that is more compatible with Roll20 (?)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Chrome is compatible. Are you getting any errors in the Javascript Console?  I verified I can access custom character sheets in my games without issue, so it's likely something local to your computer, or to your internet access.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Also, try adding a custom sheet on another game to see if it's isolated to just that game.
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Having same issue. I even installed a new browser and same thing is happening. Checked on different campaigns, same thing. Nothing showing up. Can't get any work done. Not on the dev server though, happening on regular games as well, at least for me. Starting to think it is a server issue maybe? I even restarted computer, and switched to a different ISP temporarily.
Jonathan P. said: Having same issue. I even installed a new browser and same thing is happening. Checked on different campaigns, same thing. Nothing showing up. Can't get any work done. Not on the dev server though, happening on regular games as well, at least for me. Starting to think it is a server issue maybe? I even restarted computer, and switched to a different ISP temporarily. This. It's happening on every game I'm in, production and development. I'm fairly certain it's not my browser as I've worked on both from this one for months. I power cycled my computer last night and now this.
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
I actual WAS working on it. Had the familiar problem of the preview not showing up, so I hit refresh to get that to work, but then it just made it so nothing was showing up.
I can confirm. I've had the same issue. I checked multiple games with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. All of them seem to have the same issue where the actual editor won't load. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Bummer.  ok.  I'll move this to Bugs.
Well, it's slightly reassuring to know I'm not the only one, but, yeah... There goes my morning lol. I may have to actually sit in the sunlight for a few hours now :D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think you've done 1-3 already, can you get #4: Could you please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
This is what it looks like, just white where the place to code would normally be.
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Logged in on a completely different computer and still the same issue. Maybe it is just a select set of games/campaigns on a certain server? Windows 10 Chrome browser Version 53.0.2785.143 m (though upon looking it just starting updating the browser so will try loading again after that) Javascript enabled Avira Free extensions: evernote mighty text one tab
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED 1746880:1248 Uncaught ReferenceError: ace is not defined
Jonathan P. said: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED 1746880:1248 Uncaught ReferenceError: ace is not defined I get that too. My stuff is up to date, but I'm using Firefox on Windows 8 (PC). I've got everything else the same save a few addons that aren't even turned on.
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Version 54.0.2840.71 m of chrome still same issue,though looks like it is having an address error.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ace is the editor so that would certainly prevent you from editing. Can you find in the Network tab of the developer tools where the Ace load is failing and copy the details?

Edited 1477328091
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
That? Sorry, I'm a bit of an amateur with this stuff.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Update.  I was able to reproduce this by using incognito.
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
Request URL: <a href="https://d1n0x3qji82z53.cloudfront.net/src-min-noco" rel="nofollow">https://d1n0x3qji82z53.cloudfront.net/src-min-noco</a>... Request Headers Provisional headers are shown Referer: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/campaignsettings/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/campaignsettings/</a>... User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/54.0.2840.71 Safari/537.36 this what you looking for?
Gold
Forum Champion
Experiencing the apparent same issue here. Trying to add an API script on a new campaign, no "Ace" window showing. Same issue in both Mac Firefox and Mac Chrome.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're aware of the issue and working on a solution.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This issue should now be fixed. Let us know if you're still having any issues.
Not working for me, same thing still happens. :/

Edited 1477346094
It works for me, but whenever I used Ctrl-F the text I input to search appears to have the same color as the background of the input box. (Both white.)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
SFX said: Not working for me, same thing still happens. :/ If you clear your cache, or force the page to reload without caching, are you still having a problem?

Edited 1477348891
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I've experienced the "white" screen on the html editor occasionally when using a console on another tab. Often when I jump back to the editor it has a blank screen. I just toggle CTRL+SHIFT+J (windows using Chrome) and the HTML and/or CSS tabs "re-populate". clip shows me just toggling the console to fix white screen. &nbsp;Not sure if this will help...
Steve K. said: SFX said: Not working for me, same thing still happens. :/ If you clear your cache, or force the page to reload without caching, are you still having a problem? Same thing still. Tried re-opening browser, cleared cache-history-cookies-everything, still no luck.
Not sure if this helps, but, this is what I see.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Try flushing your cache again. &nbsp;I just tried with a flushed cache and it's working for me now.

Edited 1477361269
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
Just tried flushing, no effect. Then tried clearing all history, cookies, cache, and everything else it would let me dump, no effect :/ Edit: This seems to effect only firefox. On my other browsers it seems to work fine.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm. I just tried this in Firefox and it worked for me. =/
Just uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, no effect. I'm not overly worried about it as I can just work from another browser, but I may not be the only one. Something to keep an eye on I suppose.
Jonathan P.
Pro
Sheet Author
It's working fine for me now. Have you rebooted/restarted your computer? Though something I noticed the &lt;&gt; (greater than less than signs for html coding) are white now, and they didn't use to be?
I think that there is a similar problem with the API editor : nothing is displayed on all my campaigns on the dev server.(but it works on the production servers)
Rebooted PC this morning after my other browser stopped working too. No effect. I can't see the editor on any of my three (now) browsers.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
SFX: Prod, Dev, or both?
For the API editor it seems to work for me now on dev server.

Edited 1477407385
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
On dev, didn't check prod while I was home, sorry :/
I think it was still broken on Dev, it should be fixed now.
Seems to be working now. Thanks guys :D
Well... kind of...

Edited 1477444169
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
SFX, I can't tell what's wrong in that image?
Opening and closing are reading as text, text in some places is reading as, whatever purple stands for in html. Not a huge problem, just, different than it was before.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok.That formatting seems reasonable and useable. &nbsp;Honestly, if it was different than this before, I never noticed. =D I think this ticket can be closed then.