Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Mutants & Masterminds API: What is Useful?

I've been wanting to get a Mutants and Masterminds game set up for a while now, but the actual construction is an uphill battle. The SRDs have spoiled me and I want to make the M&M game is fluid as possible. What API can I utilize to do this? I would love to have something like the 5e Shaped Companion, but I know that is unlikely. Any advice (API or otherwise) on making an M&M game fluid is appreciated. Thanks.
Nobody, huh?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I don't know the Mutants and Masterminds game or I'd have suggestions.  Maybe if you could give a short rundown of the tasks you have to perform we could come up with some suggestions. There are many generally useful scripts that could be useful (TokenMod, GroupInitiative (if you have initiative rolls), It's a Trap, etc), but since you're asking for scripts specific to Mutants and Masterminds, I can't give you specific answers.
Noted, sir. I'll PM you. Thanks.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's fine, but if you put the description here, others might be able to help.
Indeed. Here are my current issues with the M&M game setup on Roll20: Character Sheet (not API, I know)- there are no output keys for stats (useful when asked "What's your DEX?"), motivations & complications, powers & devices, advantages or equipment. In other words, if it is not a skill or offensive maneuver, you cannot produce it in the sidebar for clarity/feedback. It would be nice if it listed automated damage and save DCs too. The 'Features & Traits' section on the 5e Shaped Sheet would be a great model for it, though it may vary a bit since the M&M damage system is not based off HP. An API for initiative, traits, savesQuery (since all damage is based on saves), and automatic targeting to force the save would all be nice. Again, something like the 5e Shaped Companion API would be awesome. M&M has an OGL, but there is no integrated SRD. (Boo hoo, right? I know you guys are busy and have other matters on your plate). For now I don't mind cut & paste from the online SRD. That is all that comes to mind now, but I am sure more things will come up as I get into gameplay. Thanks in advance.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, for the Character Sheet Stuff, you'd want to post in the Character Sheet's forum to try and get changes made (or jump in on them yourself). You could probably use powercards to create output for that, or even just the default Roll Template: &{template:default}{{name=Dexterity}}{{=@{selected|dexterity} }} For initiative, what does the roll look like?  GroupInitiative is highly configurable and will work for most games.  Usable by players or the GM. What does a Save Query look like?  Could that be handled with Token Action Abilities or possibly a global Token Action Macro?
Let me work it over a bit and reply with something meaningful shortly.