Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Looking for an approapiate tile set.

Edited 1477426377
Okay I'm making a dungeon, I'm going to describe the aestetics I have in mind and I would like suggestions on appropriate map tile sets. The elevator's descent ends and you step into a wide pristine hallway. A sweet perfume touches your nostrils.The high walls are gilted with silver, the floors bone white ivory, with gold acting as its seams. A mural sitting at eye level runs up and down either side of the hallway. The Mural depicts tentacled creatures the size of suns battling vast armies of angels amidst the stars. Jade pedestals line the center of the hallway, each holding a mastercrafted item of the most mundane nature. A clock there, a horseshoe here, the most valuable item you see on the pedestals is a wrought iron lantern. Carved into each pedestal with platinum letters is the name of the craftsman or woman that fashioned the item. You don't recognize most of them, but a few of the names however are world reknowned, their descendants today still supply the rich with their premium goods. Soft music tinkles down from the ceiling. I guess I want to know, are there any tile sets that make it look like the dungeon is made out of silver? Or I guess white would do.  I tried searching silver dungeon and white dungeon but got nothing good.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Try ice. I would check for you but I'm using my phone to browse the forum.
Gold
Forum Champion
Try the Air Elemental Shrine from the Marketplace. It might work with your description. White shiny floors with light blue handrails. It's meant to be a place in the clouds,&nbsp; the nice part is the white marble hallways and stairs, that can lay nicely over any kind of background because transparency, not required to place it over clouds. <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/495/elem" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/495/elem</a>... The murals you could really do nicely in Photoshop or an editor program with the "Perspective" tool, but also could do ok directly in Roll20 just compress the aspect ratio radically in one direction it should start to look like a tapestry that is standing up along a wall or wallpaper. So just any rectangle picture of the scene that you like with the angels, and compress the height until it looks like you're looking down at a mural wall.
Oh thanks. Almost perfect. :)
Gold
Forum Champion
Here is a screenshot of how I used the air temple hallways and stairs. For my game it was like a bridge over the ocean, that led to a fort of shark people. Looking back at my screenshot it is fair to say that some of the pieces didn't line up perfectly, but the small visible seams didn't really affect our game too badly.