Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transfer of files from one game to another.

Is there a way to get map, art, tokens etc. from a library of a game that is not mine.  I am trying to get PNG file uploaded from one of my GM's games to my game.  He can not find the original file and we wanted to know if it can be transferred from his game to mine?  The PNG is a making of his own not a premeium asset he purchased.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Your GM can download it from his  User Library by right clicking the image, copying the URL, then pasting it in a new tab and change the 'thumb', 'med', or 'max' to in the URL 'original'.

Edited 1477511086
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If it is in his game, it will be in his library. He can download the picture from his library by selecting "open in new tab/window" when right clicking on the asset in his library. Change the part of the address that says "thumb" to "max" and then reload the page. You can now download and save the image at the full resolution it was uploaded at. The above steps in Picture form, in order: Open in new tab from the library: Change "thumb" to "max": Results in this image: Now just save it: EDIT: Ninja'd by Aaron's much more coherent post. EDIT2: And what is the difference between max and original Aaron?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
max will be the largest size that Roll20 will use when it uses it on the VTT.   original will be the file in it's original resolution.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, so if you uploaded something really big, there might be a difference between the two.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you look at that image, the max is 2048x956, while the original is 3000x1400.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ah, true

Edited 1477519355
Gold
Forum Champion
The Aaron said: If you look at that image, the max is 2048x956, while the original is 3000x1400. So, is 2048 the maximum long-dimension of an image as-it-is-loaded-and-displayed-on-tabletop? So, then, was my previous personal guideline of not creating maps larger than 5500x5500 overly optimistic?  Edit: Ehhh, thinking occurred, upon reflection. More goes into this, since Roll20 is able to load a section of an image.. So I do believe that my 5500x maps are still providing greater detail when zoomed in, than would if I had limited my map uploads s to 2048x in the first place.  I now guess that 2048x2048 is more than enough for any occasion in-which the entire image would (or could) be showing at 100% zoom.  If you go smaller zooms, yes you can see more inches of the picture, but that is when a reduced/cached version could be used since you aren't at 100% anymore anyway.  Even a 4K screen is only around 2000 pixels high.  The "max" size makes sense after all, now that I think about it. Yay.  Just remember that "max" isn't a maximum limitation of roll20, it's just the max that would be shown of the entire image at one time.  If you are zoomed in getting a section of a picture (map) then it would still use the higher resolutions, including, probably, "original" file.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, I can't pretend to know what algorithm is being used, I can just observer the results. =D