Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Eye of Death Ideas? (Possible "The Master's Vault" module spoiler)

Hello all! I am a fairly new 5e DM continuing an adventure after finishing "The Master's Vault" module. My players are currently searching for the "Eye of Death" (an item that the necromancers want to turn everyone in the kingdom into undead) talked about in the module. I need some ideas for stats and effects that this magic item could have. Has anyone created this item or can think of some stats I could use that would be appropriate for such an item. I've thought of possibly making it sentient but am unsure if it would be appropriate for the party at this point (they'll be around level 4 when they reach the item). I'm not too good at balancing. Any help or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
Try possibly something that would let someone cast animate dead once per day. 
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext /r/gamemasters