I apologize in advance if this is the wrong Topic BORRRRRRRED so i'm gonna Homebrew (BE WARNED) on dragons and post a  PC option for 5th (because why wouldin't you want to use some random persons homebrew amirite)  First things first. Dragons big flying reptiles in the sky that have personality's based on their coloration I want to make a racism joke here but who has time for that when your rolling save or die vs bad breath  Common features are giant ass bat wings nigh impenetrable hide perception on par with a pair of binoculars and of course the elemental breath.  and then there the PC race "dragonborn" which is D&D's way of letting fighters play as dragons >.> which with the simplification of the games mechanics honestly lost of of the innate coolness of the species.  Screw you picking Wings or Heart was cool! screw the third option. I mean it's balanced and great for a Cleric or a Fighter or any melee class ehhh not so much for a wizard or caster.  so because I literally have nothing better to do with my time I fixed that ^_^ before warned Homebrew is the land of no balance enter at your own risk or you could just play a dragonborn with int instead of str because 5th rolls like that and is easy to homebrew. Dragonewt  Sometimes very rarely there are "complications" when a dragonborn is well born. these brothers and sisters to their brethren have been called dragonewts as a dregrogity term for a shell that hatched earlie. or stayed intact overlong they are physically weaker then their fully formed counterparts and frail by dragonborn standards though they seem much much more intouch with their lineage then any other often becoming sorcerers and magicians  The life of a dragonewt is a hard one prone to bought of sickness and their scales are often a very faded color of normal dragonborn scales sometimes appearing totally white or grey adding further stigma to their existance wise parents usually raise the newt among races ignorant about scale color.  Their appearance is much like a human who has been covered in scales by a deranged artist Their hands and feat are covered fully  sometimes manifesting over the chest and neck scales also grow on the forearms and legs though in sparse patches their scales however do not offer any notable protection being thin and flexable similar to a shirt most have very thin whip like tails that light like torches when upset.   Racial Stats. -2 Con (SUFFER!) +2 Int/Wis/Charisma   Newts need one of these to survive so pick one. Alignment LE or CG (nothing new here) Medium around five feet lacking the size of their parental race. Dragonic Ansestry This hasin't changed. see core race (basically pick a metallic or chromatic color)  Colorless Scales Newts scales lack the clear colors of their parental race Perception to determine your heritage Inborn Fire One enemy you can see use your action and deal 1d6 damage and 1d6 when it's turn begins for 3 turns this damage increases by 1 dice at levels 3 7 11 15 and 18 Element decided by ancestor as normal.  you may use this as a free action if you use an unarmed strike (mostly because I want to see newt monks running around) Yeah not unbalanced at all SARCASM  But I figured it's a good start. for a less physical type dragon race. or we could just wait for kobolds.