Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Official support for D&D 5e Core: PHB, DMG and MM.

Edited 1477888759
Any plans to add the 5e D&D Core : PHB, DMG and MM to your digital products? This has been done elsewhere. I would love to see it happen at Roll20. I prefer the drawing and mapping tools here. I made the purchase in the other VTT for the Wotc core. However, the other VTT lacks mapping tools of any real sort. Not even close. So here I am. Lets get official support for Wotc core: All the data, character sheets, macros, combat management, etc...just plug and play.  BTW - I searched for this topic and could not find it. So I posted. 
I second this! All the rules!
I have no idea what the plans are, but this is theoretically possible since Roll20 is now licensed with WotC.  There is a good chance that you would need to purchase the material, jus as with Volo's Guide.  If I had to guess, these things are being discussed but Wizards is prioritizing the new content that they are releasing.
The SRD is not enough.The full Core Rules is needed. I play 5e and this is the deal maker. Plug and play. No searching for macros. I want to play not program. If Roll20 got the 5e Core Rules up nobody would use FG who plays 5e. Like I said - plug and play.  
Agreed. I understand the need for the SRD and some people are fine with that, but I want the full 5e core rules. I have no issue with paying to unlock it like the other books they have up.
Any word on if something like this might be coming?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Devs are absolutely working on D&D 5th Edition content. Their goal is to release products (both new and backlist titles) on a regular basis. As a part of their licensing agreement, they can’t reveal specifics until they're closer to completion and with the agreement of the licensor (in this case Wizards of the Coast). They will make those announcements here on the forums, as well as the blog , twitter , and via their mailing list (if you’re not signed up for that, you can join here ).
now a question i do have since it is taking a while for the Devs to release items like the DMG. which version will they release? for example the DMG on release day or will they integrate changes made thru Eratta since the DMG does have a lot of post release changes 
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Depends on what they are licensed to release.
This is probably relevant to your query: <a href="http://blog.roll20.net/post/165301622365/news-next" rel="nofollow">http://blog.roll20.net/post/165301622365/news-next</a>... I've been waiting for some sort of update on this with bated breath.&nbsp;
+1 for at least the PHB and DMG seeing as how MM is already available.
The lack of PHB and DMG is unacceptable.&nbsp;&nbsp;
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
As the dev team has talked about these products being in development, and that we will announce them as soon as we're able, I'm closing this Suggestion to refund votes.&nbsp;