Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

New Map Set: Build Your Own Towns & Villages

David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Need a quick town map for an impromptu encounter? Or maybe your PCs need a home base.  Build Your Own Towns & Villages map set may be just what you need! This do-it-yourself set features a seamless 30 by 30 unit grass map, roads and dirt pieces, 24 unique building designs (with various rotations for realistic shadows) and tons of stuff to bring your town to life -- trees, rocks, stairs, awnings, wells, a town fountain, and much more! There is also a Quick Play village map made using the items in this set. This set contains 466 items !!!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That's really pretty!  I love the awnings. =D
Gold
Forum Champion
Neat set. I like the look of the flags, liked where you included a ReadMe instruction sheet, and a pre-made village map (30x30 like the grass?). For those who are careful to build maps with consistent shadows, the variable pieces are smart indeed.  I have questions about the procedure for finding pieces by their orientation, filenames, and to be able to plan to select the proper piece for shadows and such. If I purchase the set, and then able to read the ReadMe at full size, will it give me instructions for this kind of inquiry?
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I can't wait to rotate the smoke for the chimneys at various angles all on the same map!  This is lovely I love the variations in roofs you've included.
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gold said: Neat set. I like the look of the flags, liked where you included a ReadMe instruction sheet, and a pre-made village map (30x30 like the grass?). For those who are careful to build maps with consistent shadows, the variable pieces are smart indeed.  I have questions about the procedure for finding pieces by their orientation, filenames, and to be able to plan to select the proper piece for shadows and such. If I purchase the set, and then able to read the ReadMe at full size, will it give me instructions for this kind of inquiry? Thanks Gold. The pre-made village is 30x30 and should say so in the file name.  As for finding pieces, I've grouped them together as best I could. The various rotations for each piece do correspond to a letter of the alphabet after the item name "buidling_1a_ ... " is gonna have the same rotation as "building_2a ..." etc. There may be a few mistakes in this regards, but that's what happens with a set that has 466 items. :)  This info is not in the ReadMe file as I figured the visual thumbnail in the library should do the trick. Thanks again. 
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gabriel P. said: I can't wait to rotate the smoke for the chimneys at various angles all on the same map!  This is lovely I love the variations in roofs you've included. If you rotate my chimney smoke and I find out about, I'll hunt you down and give you an improper shadow! :) 
Holy bejebus. Thank you. This is amazing. Also, AMAZING! My only gripe was I wish the buildings came with pre-furnished insides and what not etc. 
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Holy bejebus. Thank you. This is amazing. Also, AMAZING! My only gripe was I wish the buildings came with pre-furnished insides and what not etc.  Glad you like it. Sorry you have a gripe, but I think 466 objects is worth the price. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Absolutely gorgeous work, David! Any plans for something more fantasy urban?
David Hemenway said: Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: Holy bejebus. Thank you. This is amazing. Also, AMAZING! My only gripe was I wish the buildings came with pre-furnished insides and what not etc.  Glad you like it. Sorry you have a gripe, but I think 466 objects is worth the price.  Oh it certainly is! :)
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: Absolutely gorgeous work, David! Any plans for something more fantasy urban? Thanks Keith! I'm hoping to expand to a large city set sometime in the next few months ... cobblestone streets, more advanced architecture, that sort of thing. Is that what you mean? 
God damnit, I already have a village build token set. I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE DAMNIT.
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Stario said: God damnit, I already have a village build token set. I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE DAMNIT. LOL well sorry to cause you distress, but I thank you greatly Stario. :) 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
David Hemenway said: keithcurtis said: Absolutely gorgeous work, David! Any plans for something more fantasy urban? Thanks Keith! I'm hoping to expand to a large city set sometime in the next few months ... cobblestone streets, more advanced architecture, that sort of thing. Is that what you mean?  That's exactly what I mean. :) I run a primarily  city-based campaign , and this would be a big help in setting up area encounters.
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
keithcurtis said: David Hemenway said: keithcurtis said: Absolutely gorgeous work, David! Any plans for something more fantasy urban? Thanks Keith! I'm hoping to expand to a large city set sometime in the next few months ... cobblestone streets, more advanced architecture, that sort of thing. Is that what you mean?  That's exactly what I mean. :) I run a primarily  city-based campaign , and this would be a big help in setting up area encounters. I see. Well it's certainly on my to-do list. I'll keep you posted.