Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mini-Update 11/2: Some Quality of Life Fixes

1478122467

Edited 1478637328
Kristin C.
Roll20 Team
Over the past couple weeks, we've added some changes to better improve performance. Page Size Warning When you input a number larger than 100 units for either the width or height in the Page Settings, a warning message will appear asking you to confirm your decision. If you click OK through the warning message, your desired page size will be committed. This is to hopefully catch anyone who accidentally inputs far too large a unit number for their width and/or height and time out their campaign. Phasing Out the External My Library The external My Library page that could be accessed outside a game was no longer in sync with the more up-to-date version that’s accessed within a campaign. The decision was made to consolidate the two so users would be working with a single rendition of the Art Library that can be found within a campaign. We’re going to begin a phase out process for the external library.  Your direct link to the page should still work for the time being, but we’re replacing the link on the Marketplace submenu of the Website to go to “Your Purchases”. Dev and Main Art Library Merge Previously, art uploaded on the Dev server wasn't added to your Art Library. We've changed this functionality. Now, uploading new graphics to the Dev Server will be added to your Art Library to be used on either Dev or Main and will count towards your image quota. Any graphics previously uploaded to the Dev server will remain as they are and not count towards your quota. All Flesh Must Be Eaten Re-categorized We've moved All Flesh Must Be Eaten under the UniSystem in the Games List. Compendium Performance Improvements Revisions were made to how searches are handled in the Compendium and now should supply results faster! Ongoing WebRTC Tweaking We’re still adjusting and tweaking the Roll20 WebRTC for better performance. New Jukebox Edit for 11/8/2016! You can now search Fanburst tracks by inputting the audio track's URL directly into the track search
Neat!
1478130534
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Thanks, Dev Team!
1478180126

Edited 1478180605
Does this mean that we will get the My Library feature eventually restored to Roll20 for GM use?  I desperately hope that the answer is yes. I have hundreds of art items uploaded to my account that I use often and I rely on the tagging system to look through them.  I know I can tag them in-game, but I cannot mass-select them or mass-delete them as easily.  That and I can't see each items' individual tags.  I love the My Library marketplace feature, but I don't know if I can function as a GM without it.
1478229195
Kristin C. said: Your direct link to the page should still work for the time being, but we’re replacing the link on the Marketplace submenu of the Website to go to “Your Purchases”. Will this ever be restored or are you going to phase this method out as well?  When I upload dozens of files at once, My Library and its visible tags when tagging tokens makes the process go far faster.  Plus with all tags visible for each token it makes it easier to missing catch tags with all tokens' tags visibly listed.
1478278205
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Jebediah S. said: Kristin C. said: Your direct link to the page should still work for the time being, but we’re replacing the link on the Marketplace submenu of the Website to go to “Your Purchases”. Will this ever be restored or are you going to phase this method out as well?  When I upload dozens of files at once, My Library and its visible tags when tagging tokens makes the process go far faster.  Plus with all tags visible for each token it makes it easier to missing catch tags with all tokens' tags visibly listed. At this point we are phasing out that old My Library system, as we're planning to introduce further features into the in-app library and we don't want to keep maintaining two codebases. That said, our goal is for the new in-app library to be just as good (and better) as the old one. It sounds like you're saying that for bulk uploading the old system was still faster for you than the new one? Specifically when tagging?
1478343022
That said, our goal is for the new in-app library to be just as good (and better) as the old one. It sounds like you're saying that for bulk uploading the old system was still faster for you than the new one? Specifically when tagging? How will we be able to tag items once the https://marketplace.roll20.net/library link goes away? I see no way currently to tag items in game yet. The tags which the art creators use still don't work (for me at least) once purchased; if I don't go in and set tags most of what I purchase is either useless during a game (hard to search through hundreds of pieces in game) or becomes a huge task while designing a scenario. I hope the new in-app library functionality does not take away the ability to tag  items as easily as it is now.  For example: I purchased Devin Nights "Weapons Pack 1" a few weeks ago and have not had opportunity to tag them yet. So in game when I search for "Axe" I don't get any of the 27 new objects from that pack. When I search on "Weapon," one of the tags he uses, I still don't get any. Will the ability to tag items be added to the in game art library before we lose access to the external library link? For as long as that older link exists it will not be a problem. 
1478555437

Edited 1478583325
Scott C.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kristin C. said: Phasing Out the External My Library The external My Library page that could be accessed outside a game was no longer in sync with the more up-to-date version that’s accessed within a campaign. The decision was made to consolidate the two so users would be working with a single rendition of the Art Library that can be found within a campaign. We’re going to begin a phase out process for the external library.  Your direct link to the page should still work for the time being, but we’re replacing the link on the Marketplace submenu of the Website to go to “Your Purchases”. I really don't like this. If the external library is going away, then could we get the following in the in game library: The ability to see what we have tagged an image with forgot this is possible The ability to easily get the url of the image (This is useful for outputting images to chat as well as for some API applications) Separate forum image posts from game image posts