Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5e Compendium Drag and Drop

Are there any plans to get all the equipment items changed over so you can drag and drop them into the OGL character sheet? As of now only select items work in this way and it is a great feature, especially having the description right in your character sheet. 
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
As of now, all content available for free access via the 5e SRD document released by WOTC is available in the compendium. That being said, if I remember correctly, they would like to add the phb. dmg, and mm books for purchase through roll20 to unlock additional content via the compendium, similar to the Volo's Monster Guide that was released yesterday in the marketplace.
Can you give an example or two of items that do not drag and drop correctly? We can then test and isolate the problem to the items or to your PC/browser.
Rabulias said: Can you give an example or two of items that do not drag and drop correctly? We can then test and isolate the problem to the items or to your PC/browser. I had to read his post twice as well but I think what he's saying is there are some items that are not in the SRD compendium.  Like for example rations.  I would assume what Franky H says is correct and we'll say a paid PHB, DMB and MM very soon.

Edited 1478621406
Things that are in the compendium that do not drag and drop are as follows: herbalism kit, arcane focus, druidic focus, pick axe, hempen rope, traveler's clothes, rations, and probably more. Some of these items do not show up when using the search either, but are in the SRD.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. It appears to be things that are more than one word. &nbsp;Looking at the chart here:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Adventuring%20" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Adventuring%20</a>..
I do not believe it is as easy as things that are more than one word as there are items that are multiple words that work as drag and drop.

Edited 1478622874
It seems that all the drag and drop things are located in the compendium items category (when in-game). There are many items that are in the SRD that are not on this list. Not sure if that helps. Things like "rope" aren't even on it as a drag and drop.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Right. &nbsp;"Rope" in the table is "Rope, hempen (50 feet)" or "Rope, silk (50 feet)". &nbsp;I speculate that at the time of import, certain things got fixed ("Potion of Healing", which is type "Potion", not "Item") if they were ambiguous or multi-word, but Adventuring Gear did not. &nbsp;I think this is a problem that can be fixed in the compendium and was just overlooked.
Okay. I guess I am not understanding but that is okay as long as it is possible to get all the items in the SRD to be drag and drop.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think I can fix some of them.
Cool

Edited 1478629584
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, there is a process that gets new things into the search after they've been setup. &nbsp;To get this done right, it would be ideal to have a list of what's missing. &nbsp;I can hit all the things on the Adventuring Gear page easily enough. &nbsp;Can we start a list of other pages with things on them that should be items? Be sure to search for things that appear to be missing. &nbsp;The auto linking that happens is based on the full name, so things like "Studded Leather Armor" or "Splint Armor" won't be linked to just "Studded Leather" and "Splint".&nbsp;
Okay sounds great. Will adding this to the search also enable it to be drag and drop?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yes, it should. I'm down to the Hs already. :)
Sweet. You guys rock.

Edited 1478653119
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, I believe I've got all the Adventuring Gear added. &nbsp;It's not linked and searchable yet, but you should be able to see everything here: &nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Adventuring%20" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Adventuring%20</a>... Take a peek and see if you notice anything missing. &nbsp;I'm not aware of anything else that is missing at this point, so if you see anything in armor weapons, tools, etc. post back here.
Awesome. Thank you. It is functioning in search and as drag and drop to OGL character sheet for equipment. Are tools, kits, and musical instruments suppose to drag and drop to the "tools" section of the OGL character sheet as well as the "equipment" section?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I doubt they would do that. &nbsp;I did just adjust Holy Water and Alchemist's Fire to be Ranged attacks and create the corresponding attack for OGL, which seems to mostly work (you need to uncheck proficient since they are Improvised Weapons).
Okay. Thanks again for all your work and help.
Arcane and Druidic focus are not showing up in search as well as not being able to drag to OGL sheet, but they are in the compendium.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I think you have to search for the specific item. Arcane Focus and Druidic Focus are categories of item, so search for Arcane focus as one of: crystal, orb, rod, staff, wand and Druidic Focus as one of: sprig of mistletoe, totem, wooden staff, yew wand.
Okay
Saddlebags, all saddles, bit and bridle, barding
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I wondered if those would come up. &nbsp;I didn't add them in initially as I figured no-one would be carrying them on their person, but I suppose you might want to have a character sheet for your horse. =D &nbsp;I'll see what I can do.
Cool. Thanks
I can drag items directly from compendium, but if I drag an underlined item from a handout, for example, it shows a green plus, but doesn't do anything. Is there a way to get from such a link directly to srd item? Can you expand a "pack" item automatically somehow?