Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Volo's guide, show to players?

Hey, maybe a user error here but is there any way to show the content of Volo's guide to the players for them to search up on their own? As the GM I can see all the content as expected but my players can't look up the new added player races or any of the new monster entries. Is this intended? The new races are pretty cool but if players cant access them to see what class skills and traits are without the GM reading them out to them then it really adds a bottleneck to character creation that usually isn't there.  If someone could point me in the direction of an answer I would greatly appreciate it. 

Edited 1478539121
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Players can access Volo's Guide in the Game of a Game Creator (usually the GM) via the Compendium icon on the side panel.  Players will only be able to access it via the in-game Compendium; they will not be able to access it on their account's Compendium outside of a game if they have not purchased it themeselves.
Tetsuo
Forum Champion
My players are unable to access it from the in-game compendium for my game, as well.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  Confirmed.  I may have misspoken.  I'm following up with the devs.
I hope this is just a bug. If all players need to own it to use the races instead of just the GM then that will suck big time.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, here's the official answer: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4215972/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/4215972/</a> Kristin C. said: Regarding Player Access for Volo's: We're currently designing a method that will allow GMs to drag and drop Compendium entries as Handouts into their campaign for player's use. We don't have a definitive ETA for this, but we should have progress on it this week and we'll keep you updated.