Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Incompatibility with Chrome + LastPass

See&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4212905/roll20-s" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4212905/roll20-s</a>... LastPass is a pretty common extension, and this is new behavior (was working fine a couple of weeks ago). An actual fix would be much appreciated.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yes, please. &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Other's posting info on the lastpass forums about the issue with roll20.&nbsp; <a href="https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=232285&p=779395#p779395" rel="nofollow">https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=232285&p=779395#p779395</a>
Not seeing this on any other websties, so regardless of who made changes it would be nice if roll20 would do something to fix it.
Yeah, this made our game pretty difficult.
Guess this is what was making me lag the other night when I jumped into a one shot. Feh...
+1 from me
Is this causing anyone to frequently disconnect as well? Curious if that's what's causing my problem.
I started seeing this issue last week as well. At first I thought it was just the API being slow but when my other players did not report having any issues I realized it was just something on my end. This morning I discovered it was my Last Pass as well. Support Details: Web Browser: Chrome Browser Version:&nbsp;54.0.2840.71 Operating System:&nbsp;Windows Windows NT 10.0 (Windows 10 Home) Javascript: Enabled Anti-Virus: Windows Defender: Browser Extensions:&nbsp;LastPass: Free Password Manager 4.1.31 Dropbox link to the console log:&nbsp;<a href="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30067887/Roll20_LastpassLog.log" rel="nofollow">https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30067887/Roll20_LastpassLog.log</a>
Just confirmed similar behavior with the official FFG Star Wars character sheet and the Star Wars: Fantasy Flight Games - Dice Roller. Running LastPass 4.1.31. Sheet would lock up for about 5 seconds after clicking on a macro to generate a dice roll. Then, you would get the result and everything would be functional again. Disabled it in Chrome and issue was instantly resolved. Even after re-enabling, the sheet works fine UNTIL I refresh.
Hey everyone, We've been looking at this issue since it was brought to our attention. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do on our end about this. It seems like LastPass changed something in their code which causes it to generically slow things way down when there are lots of input fields in a page. Since we have no control over what extensions do in your browser, there's nothing we can do on our end to mitigate this, other than using less input fields, which obviously would defeat the whole purpose of character sheets. Your best bet is just to bring this to the attention of the LastPass devs, and make it clear that this is not acceptable behavior as far as you (as a customer) are concerned. Sorry that we can't do anything directly.
I'm sure this is perfectly obvious to almost everyone here, but you can always temporarily disable the extension by unchecking the box for LastPass in in your Chrome settings (Menu/Settings/Extensions). &nbsp;Once you've finished playing, just check it again. I think it would also be helpful if LastPass would let us blacklist certain sites, but I realize that isn't a Roll20 problem.

Edited 1479177278
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: Hey everyone, We've been looking at this issue since it was brought to our attention. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do on our end about this. It seems like LastPass changed something in their code which causes it to generically slow things way down when there are lots of input fields in a page. Since we have no control over what extensions do in your browser, there's nothing we can do on our end to mitigate this, other than using less input fields, which obviously would defeat the whole purpose of character sheets. Your best bet is just to bring this to the attention of the LastPass devs, and make it clear that this is not acceptable behavior as far as you (as a customer) are concerned. Sorry that we can't do anything directly. Thanks Riley. &nbsp;I'll pursue it further with Lastpass. GM Matt said: I'm sure this is perfectly obvious to almost everyone here, but you can always temporarily disable the extension by unchecking the box for LastPass in in your Chrome settings (Menu/Settings/Extensions). &nbsp;Once you've finished playing, just check it again. I think it would also be helpful if LastPass would let us blacklist certain sites, but I realize that isn't a Roll20 problem. Currently I pin the extensions tab in chrome and toggle on/off from there. &nbsp;I use Lastpass on every site that requires an account and I often have multiple tabs open even when playing on roll20. &nbsp;Lastpass does have a blacklist feature in the user account settings, but even after I added the roll20 editor's URL it didn't seem to make any difference. &nbsp;Disabling Lastpass seems to be the only sure-fire method. ;-(
Heads up to anyone disabling Lastpass before launching their games: I'm no longer experiencing this issue, so I think it may have been fixed. Give it a shot.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Jared said: Heads up to anyone disabling Lastpass before launching their games: I'm no longer experiencing this issue, so I think it may have been fixed. Give it a shot. I can confirm this is no longer an issue for me either. &nbsp;Awesome. &nbsp;Thanks for the head-up Jared. &nbsp;Much appreciated.
Woooo! &nbsp;Working again for me, too!
Looks like the Lastpass update pushed out earlier today fixed it!

Edited 1481498744
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just an update to this. &nbsp;Recently, I noticed a significant slow-down with the character sheets again. &nbsp;After a little investigation it seems the for me, Lastpass is still causing issues with Roll20. &nbsp;While Lastpass appears to have made some changes that resolved the character sheets from becoming unusable/unresponsive, it seems that there may have been a new change that causes a big performance hit with Lastpass enabled while using roll20's character sheets. &nbsp; I would suggest disabling Lastpass or running roll20 in incognito without Lastpass.&nbsp; Here's a comparison of just switching view on the PF sheet (btw: same issue when tested with the 5e Shaped sheet ) Chrome w/Lastpass enabled Chrome w/out Lastpass enabled &nbsp;
Gid
Roll20 Team
Thank you for the update, Vince!
Just experienced this issue for the first time yesterday. Been playing Pathfinder since November with Chrome and Lastpass no problem. All the sudden started lagging/freezing. Disabling lastpass fixes it. I opened a ticket with lastpass, see what happens.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ryan P. said: Just experienced this issue for the first time yesterday. Been playing Pathfinder since November with Chrome and Lastpass no problem. All the sudden started lagging/freezing. Disabling lastpass fixes it. I opened a ticket with lastpass, see what happens.&nbsp; I did the same on Lastpasses site... I now use&nbsp;SimpleExtManager to selectively run certain extensions, including NOT running Lastapss when I'm on roll20. Good luck.
I would like to post my experiences as well. I have a player who was experiencing chronic slowness with his character sheet to the point of impacting his enjoyment of the game. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this issue out since it would only affect me on certain computers. After some research, I too discovered that it was LastPass causing this issue. After disabling it, the problem went away. I have brought this to my player's attention and we're going to give it a shot next game to see if it fixes it for him as well.
Yup I still have this as well. Looks like I'll have to run it in incognito as well.