Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Github Help

Is there anyone who wouldn't mind using voice chat to maybe coach me through Github? Despite reading over and over again I still can't get this process down of making another pull request to merge with a previous one that hasn't been accepted.

Edited 1478755880
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to make changes to code that's currently in a pull request that hasn't been accepted (nor specifically refused), there is nothing special that needs to be done. Simply commit/push to the same branch that's in the pull request. The pull request will, when processed, pull all commits in a specific branch  of a repository at the time the PR is processed, not the set of commits that were present when the PR was created. If you have no idea what I mean when I say "branch", you've probably just got one branch named "main".

Edited 1478764199
Rin Vindor
Sheet Author
Yeah I was confused as the Roll20 wiki that gives you the basics I didn't see about having to Sync mine with Roll20's master in order to do this process via the Windows app but I got it working now :D (sorta) The only odd thing is that when doing so I got some other stuff that was coupled in addition to it? <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/2021" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/2021</a> It added my #2 commit and then this&nbsp;Merge remote-tracking branch 'refs/remotes/Roll20/master' Once I went back to add some more it sent another #2 committ and then my #3 committ.

Edited 1478767261
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The "Merge remote-tracking branch" commit is from when you updated from Roll20's "master" branch. Since your pull request is going to the same branch, all it's really doing is helping to avoid merge conflicts. (And, since the devs aren't going to spend time resolving merge conflicts, merge conflicts mean rejected PRs.) The duplicate "#2" commit is simply fixing the Chakra Control roll button and Climb roll button. The summary and description is simply what you entered for the commit, and it can be duplicated between commits, which is presumably what happened to you. What actually &nbsp;identifies the commit is the long hexadecimal number associated with the commit (6448413a94458e2dada5ece53bd661f626dfc0c1 for the first commit "#2", and&nbsp;6fc2a4ed5503a1e7e8989ec0ddaa0d09965216a1 for the second "#2"). It is possible to ammend your most recent commit in Git, but (I believe) it's only possible from the command line, not the desktop application proper. ("git commit --amend" will add the currently staged changes in the repo to the previous commit, instead of creating a new commit with the current changes.) Git doesn't like amending commits that have been pushed to a remote repo, although you can still force the push (but doing so can cause problems if you're using Git with a team, which is why Git gives an error message outside of forcing it).

Edited 1478822430
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To synchronise your fork with the Roll20 master, when merges have been made by Phil/the dev team :&nbsp; - Open your fork in git shell (right click menu on the fork in the github windows application) - Type (without quotes) : "git fetch Roll20" + enter - Wait for the prompt to come back - Type : "git merge Roll20/master" + enter - Wait for the prompt to come back - Type : "exit" + enter Sync the fork. Then start make new changes/commit (either to update or create a sheet)
I appreciate all the help everyone :D