Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Patrol Script - Update

Edited 1479028020
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2991336/script-p" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2991336/script-p</a>... Hello! &nbsp;I just discovered this AMAZING script that does patrols by Matt. &nbsp;Was just curious if he had an update to make a couple of the options easier to edit via the menu (random/phase, for example) and if it would be possible to have different refresh times. &nbsp;For example, I want a guard to only move 5 feet at a time, but I want them to move every 15-30 seconds(I'd love to even randomize how often they move) instead of every 5 seconds. Either way, thank you very much!
Gold
Forum Champion
Waypoint Patrol is a great API script, I use it a lot in games. &nbsp;Those options you requested adding to the Menu would be helpful indeed, to be honest I never change the random or phase because there is not a clickable menu option to change them even though it can be programmed to change using parameters. Another upgrade that would be great on this: Add it to One-Click API repository of Roll20. Have you tried PM'ing the author Matt directly in case he is not lurking on the forums?
Yes, when I posted this thread. &nbsp;:D I'd love the one-click repo syncronisity&nbsp;if it were possible! &nbsp;:)
Haven't seen Matt around lately. But yep, it's a great script. :)
Greetings all.&nbsp; Always encouraging to get feedback on scripts! I do have plans to get this into the repository, but I had taken time away from development for real world attention.&nbsp; Before I do that, I do need to finish the menu UI to include some of those options you've identified.&nbsp; And I will look into improving the random movement times as mentioned - think that should be a relatively easy adjustment with the current setup. Bear with me as I get reacquainted with getting back into the swing of things, but this is one of my active development scripts. Again, thank you for the positive comments all!
No worries! &nbsp;Glad you are working on it and I'm glad you are striking a balance between the real world and RPGs. &nbsp;:D
Oooh... another feature to add to the list (if it's even possible). &nbsp;Collision detection, so multiple guards doing the same route at different speeds don't collide into each other. &nbsp;Or collide into bystanders NPCs or PCs. &nbsp;Not certain it can be done, but if it could that'd be awesome. &nbsp;Thank you again for this amazing script! &nbsp;:)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Duck hunt anyone?