Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Free Assets not appearing in token search

If I type in something like "fighter", "human", "female"... all I get are Premium Assets and Sources from Web results. I'm not getting anything for Free Assets. This was working fine last week. Any ideas why the search function isn't showing Free Assets?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you go into the game and click on the library tab, you should have three sections listed: Marketplace purchases, pro sets, and free assets. These are usually listed under the premium list not the my library list.
Yes, and I can see those assets there, but previously, there was a lot of other free assets by other artists as well. I simply did a search. Now nothing is coming up except for those created by Devin or web resources... nothing else.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Michael, can you point to an example piece of free asset art that used to be pulled from a certain tag search that doesn't anymore?
I can attest to this, I just noticed it now. It used to be some months ago that I could type in a keyword and it would bring up the free assets but now when I search it doesn't seem to reference them at all. I also can't seem to add tags to the items without putting them in my library which seems redundant. I just rediscovered the free library and was a little shocked lol. I miss the favorite system where you could star items that came up in a certain search but I don't see it now. I also notice there are a ton of free asset sets and I don't like the idea of having to dredge through each one to find the tokens I need. For example I was looking for villager tokens and I was stunned that I couldn't find any. Especially since previously I had taken the time to go through tokens and tag them with specific tags so I could find them. Imagine my surprise when I suddenly found a whole section of them! It made me very happy to find them but I was saddened that I couldn't just search for them like before. I feel these assets are wonderful and shouldn't get hidden away like this.
Gold
Forum Champion
Red C. said:  I miss the favorite system where you could star items that came up in a certain search but I don't see it now. Red, for this part of your question -- Right click on the asset and choose "Copy to library", this is equivalent to the old Star system. It's the same result, it does add a reference of that asset into your personal Library but it does not take up space from your Quota in your library because it is still a free asset hosted on Roll20. I recommend following Kristin's question from earlier in this thread to help diagnose and troubleshoot the larger question about the Search capability.