Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Battletech Maps

I was looking for some decent map making software for the Battletech (A Time of War) rpg game.  The maps would have to be hex based and I wanted to see what people would recommend.  I used to use Heavy Metal Maps maps years ago, but I can't seem to get it to work for Windows 10 properly, honestly would like to build a map with updated colors / graphics. Here are the primary things that the map builder has to have: 1.Save maps as something that can be imported into Roll20. 2. Be Hex based 3. Have something to signify elevations Thank you.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you are talking about roll20 then there is a wide selection of map packages you could purchase and download. They range from forest to urban and space. All you would have to do is download your purchase and use a 3rd party software (I use gimp but there are others) to piece the map together then upload it. Some packages have a 25x25 premade pieces also. If you get a package with the large premade maps like that, just set the hex grid to what size and scale you want. The only thing you would want or need is the elevation markings and you can do that with the text in the map area or create some pngs to use.
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
I was contemplating using google maps and then changing the background to hex.  So regular map.  Then possibly cut out buildings and place them where I wished.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
I made this a week ago, using Inkscape and Gimp: