Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Knight of the Black Rose A Dragonlance/Ravenloft Campaign for Ad&d 2nd edition

This is our Adventuring partys chapter in the ongoing Saga of the Unlife of the once Noble Knight of the Black rose Lord Loren Soth. This campaign will be ongoing with the party starting on Krynn and ending up in Sithicus Soths Dread Domain in Ravenloft ., then after that who knows how the story will unfold. This is High Magic. high adventure and high ROLEPLAY meaning if youre quiet and say nothing and wont invest in actual roleplay then this campaign isnt for you BUT if you have energy and think your character could be up to the challenge then this is your campaign. Characters start 1st level , No Kits no evil alignments . allows multiclassing and dual classing . Hope to have you join this Epic Campaign
Gold
Forum Champion
This sounds fantastic DM Tim. I've been interested, for some time, in your game pitches of epic AD&D 2E. Have you decided a specific recurring day & time for this campaign?
First Session is January 6th 7pm central time running till 11pm central time
. this will be every other week on Friday for 4 hours
Gold said: This sounds fantastic DM Tim. I've been interested, for some time, in your game pitches of epic AD&D 2E. Have you decided a specific recurring day & time for this campaign? Are you interested  in playing..?
I saw some of your earlier posts as well for your games (Achtung / MERP / Hellfrost) and have been looking to join a Roll20 game on Fridays. If you are still looking for players, and have a spot open for someone new to Roll20 (All of my online gaming has been through Fantasy Grounds), then I would like to play. I prefer a mix of voice / video, would say that I have a good understanding of what it takes to play RPGs online and can be counted on to make scheduled game days or clearly state any scheduling conflicts well in advance.
Brent B. said: I saw some of your earlier posts as well for your games (Achtung / MERP / Hellfrost) and have been looking to join a Roll20 game on Fridays. If you are still looking for players, and have a spot open for someone new to Roll20 (All of my online gaming has been through Fantasy Grounds), then I would like to play. I prefer a mix of voice / video, would say that I have a good understanding of what it takes to play RPGs online and can be counted on to make scheduled game days or clearly state any scheduling conflicts well in advance. If youre good with Central time and every other week give me a message and i will post the join link for you
PM sent and thank you.
Hey Folks if youre looking for a Dragonlance/Ravenloft Campaign  we need players  we have 1 but need 5 more. Comment or message if interested
Gold said: This sounds fantastic DM Tim. I've been interested, for some time, in your game pitches of epic AD&D 2E. Have you decided a specific recurring day & time for this campaign? Hey Folks still looking for players we need 3 or 4 more, also looking to see if youre interested in playing GOLD . if you are let me know 
Gold
Forum Champion
Tim, I like your game description, unfortunately some details probably won't work out for me, primarily I can't make Friday nights consistently, including I'm blocked out already for Jan 6 (there is a bday in the family). I like epic campaigns in 2E though, so I'll be following if you post any journals and stories from the game.
Gold said: Tim, I like your game description, unfortunately some details probably won't work out for me, primarily I can't make Friday nights consistently, including I'm blocked out already for Jan 6 (there is a bday in the family). I like epic campaigns in 2E though, so I'll be following if you post any journals and stories from the game. well if your schedule changes maybe you can join in.. hoping to get more players
If you like 2nd edition, Dragonlance, and or Ravenloft  then this is the campaign for you. Needing 2-3 more players.. Comment or message and we will get you set to play
I so badly want to play this.  But Fridays are a no go for me due to my daughter's basketball schedule.
Kirby V. said: I so badly want to play this.  But Fridays are a no go for me due to my daughter's basketball schedule. thats ok not everyone can play on this timeslot. but hopefully we will find more who can  
Hey Guys Just an update. looking for 4 players. if you have questions message and ill get back to you. Looking forward to getting this campaign off the Ground
Getting closer to Campaign start Looking for 2-3 more players, if interested comment or message. this campaign is gonna be pretty cool
. hey guys just doing my every 2 days update.. looking for players still campaign starts after the new year. great time for some Ad&d 2nd ed 
. Getting things together for the First session of our campaign STILL need players , if you like Ad&d 2nd ed.. comment or message and we can get you included before campaign starts January 6th at 7pm 
Hey Guys still looking for players we have the Fighter realm covered. Needing thieves or Magic user types also rangers or Druids, comment or message if interested in joining the campaign
I'd be interested, if you still have room.
Hey, I have never played AD&D before, but always wanted too. If you have me i would love to join
Will P. said: Hey, I have never played AD&D before, but always wanted too. If you have me i would love to join Hey will if you can get acopy of the Ad&d 2nd edition players handbook then sure. Do you have any knowledge of the Dragonlance or Ravenloft settings..? Heres the players hand book

Edited 1481477726
Not, but can do some reading on it before i play. also is there something special with that cover. since i found a copy with a differnt cover
Will P. said: Not, but can do some reading on it before i play. also is there something special with that cover. since i found a copy with a differnt cover Thats just the original version its my prefered . Also we will bestarting January 6th at 7pm central time itsa Friday. we will be playing every other week. we have so many fighter types we need something with magic . also i allow Multi Classing and Dual Classing we will be using Roll20 playing in Hangouts. if this is ok i will message you the invite link
Sounds good i live on the east coast so only a one hour time differnce. Also was thinking about playing a wizard or cleric anyway. 

Edited 1481620220
My only experiences with AD&D are the old Baldur's Gate PC games so I might not be an ideal candidate, however, I do have the books and was already planning on studying them because I am quite interested in playing it, and after reading a little bit about the Knights of Rose I would actually love to play that setting, regardless I am still a fairly new RPer as I only have  around 1 year playing tabletop roleplaying games, though in that year I must say that I've never missed a session and the schedule that you proposed seems to align with mine since I'm usually free by that hour though sometimes I do get out of work at 09:00PM PST or (7:00 PM CST) which does mean I could be around half an hour late, if my schedule changes. If you are willing to have me, which is a big IF because to be honest, I'm just starting to get into heavy RP and I do understand that could be bad for this campaign, I tend to play Thieves or Spellcaster, might even play a Spell-Thief if allowed, however I'm currently wanting to play Holy Classes so if it is needed I would love to play a Paladin or a Cleric, so that's what I would gravitate to, I generally like to play scholarly and kind of sarcastic characters if that makes sense and my preferred alignment seems to be Neutral Good because it allows for a lot of subtlety and I like being sort of a mediator. Might be worth mentioning that despite the fact that I like playing liars and tricksters I'm generally regarded as the Jiminy Cricket of the group.