Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Just purchased token set.

Hey guys. I just purchased my favorite token set from Devin Night. I would really like to edit the token a bit but i'm not sure how. Currently the token is of a dwarf, and i'd just like to change a few things to make it resemble a Duergar. Namely i'd like to change his beard to white and his skin to grey. Does anyone know how I would go about editing this token now that i've purchased it?
Gold
Forum Champion
Jeff, most sets on Roll20 Marketplace are licensed / enabled for downloading. A few sets are not licensed for this and can only be used in Roll20.  If it is a set that can be downloaded, go onto the Marketplace webpage of that set, and you will see a blue Download set button. Using that you can get the dwarf graphic onto your computer. Then you can use a graphics editor program (such as GIMP or Photoshop) to edit it into a Duergar. For a fast-track workaround, not as good, but if necessary another option: drop the Dwarf token onto your Roll20 tabletop and use the Token Settings to give it a dark/black Tint. This will colorize the overall appearance of the token, looking somewhat more like a deep-dwarf.
Thanks man, I downloaded it. Now I gotta try my hand at editing it. Looks tricky...
Gold
Forum Champion
You can do it Jeff. (Encouragement). Maybe try converting the pic entirely to greyscale (desaturate all the color), then paint back in a few colors. Send me a PM if you need more tips for the graphics editor program since that is going outside the scope of Roll20 forum.
Thanks Gold. I took your advice and made a wicked custom token. It turned out really great. Now i just have to figure out how to give that token to my GM to use in my game, or how to upload it myself into his game. Any ideas?
Gold
Forum Champion
Ask your GM for their email address and send it to your GM for them to upload on the GM's account. Or, in the game there is 1 place a Player can upload 1 picture yourself, this is the Avatar portrait place on the Bio tab of a Character Journal that you have control assigned to you. This does not automatically make a token but is a way that can be used to make a token. Wiki docs, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Bio_.26_Info_Tab" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal#Bio_.26_Info_Tab</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I believe if you place the image on the avatar of a character without a default token and drag it into the table, it will create an image from the avatar, which you can then configure and get set as the default token.
Devin N.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for your purchase Jeff. Thanks Gold and The Aaron for your knowledge and help.