Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Samurai themed Campaign idea in D&D 5e.

Hey, so I have always DMd kind of crazy & weird campaigns with lots of magic and comedy. I want to try something more serious and when talking to my group they are interested in doing an ancient Japan period piece with D&D 5e. I am going to do light magic, It is a 4 man group with I want only 1 of them to be a magic user and a minimum of one other to be a Samurai class with the others getting to choose what they want. However I am having a hard time coming up with a storyline that will hold the group together, give them all a common goal and keep their interest. I am fine doing either a more open game or a stricter linear campaign as I trust my group to play either type and they are fine with either type. But I am always interested to hear what other GMs have as far as ideas go or if you are just a player what would be fun in this setting for you?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From the Roll20 Community Code of Conduct : The Roll20 Forums exist to discuss topics directly related to the use of the Roll20 program. Anything that more fittingly could be discussed on another website SHOULD be discussed there. Here are some good places to discuss this topic: /r/rpg /r/dnd /r/dndnext