Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Script] PowerCards 3 (Thread 4)

1520560093

Edited 1520562346
Silvyre said: Raul - Tiberiu I. said: Can anyone help me with this please ? !power {{ --name|Twin Strike --target_list|@{target|1st|token_id} | @{target|2nd|token_id} --hit *1| [[ [$Dmg1] 1d10 ]] --alterbar3 *1|_target|@{target|1st|token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg1] _show|GM --hit *2|[[ [$Dmg2] 1d8 ]] --alterbar3 *2|_target|@{target|2nd|token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg2] _show|GM }} Why doesn't this script apply damage twice on the same token ? To get this to work, you'll need to change "alterbar3 *1" and "alterbar3 *2" to "alterbar1" and "alterbar2" and then update to the latest version of PowerCards . Got it to work for Twin Strike and it works like a charm ! BUT(s) ! !power {{ --format|encounter --name|Thorn Spray --leftsub|At-Will --rightsub|Standard Action --emote|You release a blast of thorns that puncture your foes. --Range|Close blast 5 (Each creature in the blast) --target_list|@{target|1st|token_id} | @{target|2nd|token_id} | @{target|3rd|token_id} --Attack#?{Number of Targets|1}|[[ [$Atk] 1d20 + 6 ]] vs %%Fortitude%% Fort (%%token_name%%) --?? $Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total < @{target|1st|Fortitude} ?? Miss: *1|You missed. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|1st|Fortitude} AND $Atk.total >= @{target|2nd|Fortitude} AND $Atk.total >= @{target|3rd|Fortitude} AND $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? Hit:|[[ [$Dmg] 1d10 + 6 ]] damage. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|1st|Fortitude} AND $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? alterbar1|_target|@{target|1st|token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg] _show|GM --?? $Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total < @{target|2nd|Fortitude} ?? Miss: *2|You missed. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|2nd|Fortitude} AND $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? alterbar2|_target|@{target|2nd|token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg] _show|GM --?? $Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total < @{target|3rd|Fortitude} ?? Miss: *3|You missed. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|3rd|Fortitude} AND $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 ?? alterbar3|_target|@{target|3rd|token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg] _show|GM }} Is there a conditional to display the AlterBar damage only if a certain number of targets is met ? Something like: --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|1st|Fortitude} AND $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 AND {Number of Targets} <= 2 ?? alterbar1|_target|@{target|1st|token_id} _bar|3 _amount|-[^Dmg] _show|GM Thus I look for a method to use the attack query answer from --Attack#?{Number of Targets|1} to apply AlterBar damage only for a specific number of attack rolls. Can I add somewhere [$Targets] and then make something like [$Targets] >= 1 ?  It would be cool to have such conditional because if I am using the "Scorching Burst" example from the first page, it would be epic to find a way to ignore the rest of the clicks. Basically, I can ask the player to click his targets and then himself, and apply the Alterbar only for the selected number of targets and not the player. One other method I have in mind but I have no idea on how to implement is to check inside the AlterBar conditional if the targeted token is the player's token and not apply the AlterBar damage to it. How would this work ? Regards -Drakkanis P.S. 1 -  I have also tried to do a compare in the conditional, something like this:  @{target|1st|token_id} <> @{target|2nd|token_id}  but I do not grasp correctly the logic to obtain the desired result  described above. P.S. 2 - Sky suggested to have a dummy token and that is the simplest workaround, true. But is there a way to hide the output of AlterBar when the dummy token is targeted ?
1520695583
jflo
API Scripter
Why isn't PowerCards3 available as a drop in script from a game configuration? I'm working on a custom sheet for a new system, and it's starting to look like I'm going to need to use PowerCards. This seems to be widely used, but I'm surprised to see the only documentation is spread across a chain of forum threads, and it is not available as an easily selectable script from the library. I'm a little concerned about dependency management for my sheet. I'd like sheet users to simply be able to add the script to their game, without having to find the latest version of a gist and copypasta it into a custom script for every game. I'd also like to link my sheet to a specific version of the script which it depends on, so I can be confident that my sheet remains compatible with an implementation of PowerCards3. I realize that a full blown dependency management system might be asking for a bit much, but I'm curious how other sheet authors have addressed this or worked around it.
1520697279
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Only the game's Pro-level creator can install and run API scripts.  Player's don't have any such options.  There are  very few  community sheet's that require API scripts to run.  If you decide to weave powercards directly into your sheet, you'll have to decide if this is going to be only for your own personal game or if you are trying to push a community sheet.  Keep in mind that only Pro-level GM's will be able to use the sheet...  ;-(   Powercards have been around since way before roll templates were added to roll20.  Many would say the only reason we have roll templates is because of the popularity of Powercards.  Instructions for powercards can be found at the top of thread which, AFAIK, gets updated if/when a change is made to the script.  There are many, many, scripts that are not on the list.  Whether a script is included with the one-click list is entirely up to the script's author.  I don't think powercards are going away anytime soon.  Your custom sheet can always use whatever version of the powercard script you like.  You're the boss.
1520700198
jflo said: Why isn't PowerCards3 available as a drop in script from a game configuration? I'm working on a custom sheet for a new system, and it's starting to look like I'm going to need to use PowerCards. This seems to be widely used, but I'm surprised to see the only documentation is spread across a chain of forum threads, and it is not available as an easily selectable script from the library. I'm a little concerned about dependency management for my sheet. I'd like sheet users to simply be able to add the script to their game, without having to find the latest version of a gist and copypasta it into a custom script for every game. I'd also like to link my sheet to a specific version of the script which it depends on, so I can be confident that my sheet remains compatible with an implementation of PowerCards3. I realize that a full blown dependency management system might be asking for a bit much, but I'm curious how other sheet authors have addressed this or worked around it. Sky (the owner of the script) decided not to use that method. He stated once that he didn't like the idea it take a few days to update. 
1520780086

Edited 1520780102
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Hiya folks,  Some help please? I know I've seen a solution somewhere but I can't find it using forum search and I'm not code-savvy enough to come up with one on my own. In short, I wan't the unarmed strike macro below to make at least 1 damage no matter if the character have a minus to it's strength modifier or not. !power {{ --emote|@{selected|token_name} makes an unarmed attack. --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --name|Unarmed Strike --leftsub|Melee Attack --Reach|5 ft --Target|@{target|token_name} --Attack|[[ [$Atk] ?{Advantage?| Normal, 1d20+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]] | Advantage, 2d20KH1+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]] | Disadvantage, 2d20KL1+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]]} ]] vs **AC** [[@{target|bar1}]] --?? $Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total < @{target|bar1}?? !Miss:|$$#ff0000|**Miss!**$$ --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 ?? Hit:|[[1 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[[2 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage}}
1520968215
You could always just have an additional condition, though there's probably a better way of doing it. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 AND @{selected|strength_mod} < 0 ?? Hit:|[[1]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 AND @{selected|strength_mod} >= 0?? Hit:|[[1 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage
1520972963

Edited 1520973005
I'm having an problem with an inline roll option.  !power {{ --format|atwill --name|Air Cannon --leftsub|Standard Action --rightsub|[[ [TXT] 25 + (5*floor(@{bab}/2)) ]] ft Cone. --Damage|[[6d6 + @{WIS-mod} [Stance] + ?{Modifier|0} [other]+ [[floor(@{STR-mod}*1.5)]] [Strength] + 2 [Items] ]] | Reflex Save DC [[10 + [[floor(@{bab}/2)]]+@{WIS-mod}+?{Modifier DC|0} ]]   }} Whenever I run the macro without the [TXT] option it works, but when I put it in it stops. Any idea?
1520981891
That'd be because what you are making there isn't treated as a roll. You can work around it by adding a {0} + the rest of the roll like such: --rightsub|[[ [TXT] {0} + 25 + (5*floor(@{bab}/2)) ]] ft Cone. That should work, I think!
1520982955
It does, thank you very much!
1521020212

Edited 1521020232
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ravenknight said: Hiya folks,  Some help please? I know I've seen a solution somewhere but I can't find it using forum search and I'm not code-savvy enough to come up with one on my own. In short, I wan't the unarmed strike macro below to make at least 1 damage no matter if the character have a minus to it's strength modifier or not. !power {{ --emote|@{selected|token_name} makes an unarmed attack. --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --name|Unarmed Strike --leftsub|Melee Attack --Reach|5 ft --Target|@{target|token_name} --Attack|[[ [$Atk] ?{Advantage?| Normal, 1d20+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]] | Advantage, 2d20KH1+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]] | Disadvantage, 2d20KL1+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]]} ]] vs **AC** [[@{target|bar1}]] --?? $Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total < @{target|bar1}?? !Miss:|$$#ff0000|**Miss!**$$ --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 ?? Hit:|[[1 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[[2 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage}} Stellan N. said: You could always just have an additional condition, though there's probably a better way of doing it. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 AND @{selected|strength_mod} < 0 ?? Hit:|[[1]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 AND @{selected|strength_mod} >= 0?? Hit:|[[1 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage Alternatively just use the  keep higher function: --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 ?? Hit:| [[ {1 + @{selected|strength_mod},1}kh1 ]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:| [[ {2 + @{selected|strength_mod},2}kh1 ]] bludgeoning damage}}
1521024318
I'm trying to make an attack that checks if a miss is within a certain range away from the AC of the opponent, but I'm coming up short on methods to do so. First I tried to use math in the conditions, which doesn't seem to work, I am guessing math just doesn't work when checking for conditions: $Atk1 >= [@{target||bar3} - 4] Then I tried making a new rollid like so: [[ [$It1] {0} + @{target||bar3} - 4 ]] and then use that to compare the attack roll against, but it doesn't seem to work either: $Atk1 >= [$It1] I am guessing you can't compare rollids in conditions?  If my assumptions are correct, is there a workaround for this?
1521024615
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Taking the single [ ] off from around your conditions should do it, both of those options should work...
1521031145

Edited 1521031219
Hey, thanks for the reply! I did get it to work using the rollid, the problem lied elsewhere. I also tested the same using math and after thorough testing I found out that I needed to do [[@{target||bar3} - 4]] to get it to work within a condition, simply having no brackets didn't work at all. The current problem is that I would want to add a rollid to an attribute, which throws an error if I do it like this: $Atk1 < [[@{target||bar3} + $Ins1]], Is it even possible to use rollids like this?
1521040571
I managed to find a workaround which works but not as smoothly as I would have hoped, using the fact that I can compare a rollid to another so I simply added the @{target||bar3} inside the $Ins1 roll. I am still curious if my above question is possible, though!
Hello Everyone. I am having a difficult with one of my macros and i wonder if you may know why I am having this problem. So i made a macro that put my initiative directly to the turn tracker but the number i roll and the number coming to the turn tracker is totally different and i dont know why. This is the code and a pic on how it looks: !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --titlefont|Georgia --titlefontsize| 12px --subtitlefontsize| 18px --erowbg|#FFFFFF --corners|10 --format|Attributes --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|Initiative --!|~C [[ 1d10 + [[floor(@{selected|Agility}/10)]]+[[floor(@{selected|advanceAg}/10)]] &{tracker} ]] ~C }}
1521106429

Edited 1521107985
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue may lie with the custom turn order you are using, could you link the source for that as it may have its own way of evaluating the roll? edit: Just had some divine intervention and you need to use [[ [TRKR] dice stuff ]] instead of &{tracker} for powercards to pass the value to the turn order :)
1521125736
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Ziechael said: Ravenknight said: Hiya folks,  Some help please? I know I've seen a solution somewhere but I can't find it using forum search and I'm not code-savvy enough to come up with one on my own. In short, I wan't the unarmed strike macro below to make at least 1 damage no matter if the character have a minus to it's strength modifier or not. !power {{ --emote|@{selected|token_name} makes an unarmed attack. --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --name|Unarmed Strike --leftsub|Melee Attack --Reach|5 ft --Target|@{target|token_name} --Attack|[[ [$Atk] ?{Advantage?| Normal, 1d20+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]] | Advantage, 2d20KH1+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]] | Disadvantage, 2d20KL1+[[@{selected|strength_mod}]]+[[@{selected|pb}]]} ]] vs **AC** [[@{target|bar1}]] --?? $Atk.base == 1 OR $Atk.total < @{target|bar1}?? !Miss:|$$#ff0000|**Miss!**$$ --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 ?? Hit:|[[1 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:|[[2 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage}} Stellan N. said: You could always just have an additional condition, though there's probably a better way of doing it. --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 AND @{selected|strength_mod} < 0 ?? Hit:|[[1]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 AND @{selected|strength_mod} >= 0?? Hit:|[[1 + [[@{selected|strength_mod}]]]] bludgeoning damage Alternatively just use the  keep higher function: --?? $Atk.total >= @{target|bar1} AND $Atk.base > 1 AND $Atk.base < 20 ?? Hit:| [[ {1 + @{selected|strength_mod},1}kh1 ]] bludgeoning damage --?? $Atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit:| [[ {2 + @{selected|strength_mod},2}kh1 ]] bludgeoning damage}} Thanks!
1521150372
Danny C. said: Hello Everyone. I am having a difficult with one of my macros and i wonder if you may know why I am having this problem. So i made a macro that put my initiative directly to the turn tracker but the number i roll and the number coming to the turn tracker is totally different and i dont know why. This is the code and a pic on how it looks: !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --titlefont|Georgia --titlefontsize| 12px --subtitlefontsize| 18px --erowbg|#FFFFFF --corners|10 --format|Attributes --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|Initiative --!|~C [[ 1d10 + [[floor(@{selected|Agility}/10)]]+[[floor(@{selected|advanceAg}/10)]] &{tracker} ]] ~C }} this is what I use for Int   --!Initiative|~C@{selected|character_name}: [[ [nh|trkr] [XPND] 1d20 + @{selected|initiative_bonus} ]]~C I use XPND to see all the results to make sure its working right full macro !power {{ --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --emote|@{selected|character_name} readies for battle! --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --format|Conditions --corners|10 --name|Initiative --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub| d20 + @{selected|dexterity_mod} --!Initiative|~C@{selected|character_name}: [[ [nh|trkr] [XPND] 1d20 + @{selected|initiative_bonus} ]]~C }}
Hey guys. Dosent matter what i put, it still coming out wrong :( 
the problem seems to come from the powercard
1521349238
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ziechael said: The issue may lie with the custom turn order you are using, could you link the source for that as it may have its own way of evaluating the roll? edit: Just had some divine intervention and you need to use [[ [TRKR] dice stuff ]] instead of &{tracker} for powercards to pass the value to the turn order :) Maybe you didn't see this edit.  Try this :)
No i had not seen that. Thank you very much, it works now :)
Craven said: The Aaron said: Anthony V., Craven  -- that should address what you wanted. (Not my code, BTW, just posting it for a friend. =D) Issue with the spell part the names are right but when you click to cast the spells it cast different spells. Cure wounds cast Detect evil and Thunderwave cast Identify. Cantrips seem to be working fine. Level 2 spell are messed up too. My cleric PC has 2nd level spell and its cast the spell in order first spell on the list but the 6th spell is prepared, the second spell even tho the 9th spell is prepared. Its getting the name right just not cast the correct spells. This is for PC and OGL 5e in ToA. If you need a video or screen shots let me know. Any fix for this having the same issue??
I have the oddest thing happening: !power {{ --whisper|@{Selected|character_name}, GM --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|Player Options --rightsub|@{selected|class} --Healing Potions| ~R [Use](!&13;#HealingPotions) ~R --Long Rest | ~R [Good night](!&13;#LongRest) ~R --Short Rest| ~R [Make it quick](!&13;#ShortRest) ~R --Saving Throws| ~R [Roll](!&13;#Saving-Throws) ~R }} Everything works except #Saving-Throws and before you ask, it is built. !power {{ --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|@{Selected|class} --rightsub|Saves --Strength|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveStrength) ~R --Dexterity|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveDexterity) ~R --Constitution|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveConstitution) ~R --Intelligence|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveIntelligence) ~R --Wisdom|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveWisdom) ~R --Charisma|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveCharisma) ~R }} Any assistance would be great.
1521396698
Anthony V. said: Craven said: The Aaron said: Anthony V., Craven&nbsp; -- that should address what you wanted. (Not my code, BTW, just posting it for a friend. =D) Issue with the spell part the names are right but when you click to cast the spells it cast different spells. Cure wounds cast Detect evil and Thunderwave cast Identify. Cantrips seem to be working fine. Level 2 spell are messed up too. My cleric PC has 2nd level spell and its cast the spell in order first spell on the list but the 6th spell is prepared, the second spell even tho the 9th spell is prepared. Its getting the name right just not cast the correct spells. This is for PC and OGL 5e in ToA. If you need a video or screen shots let me know. Any fix for this having the same issue?? yes upgrade to power card 3.6.1 at <a href="https://gist.github.com/Sky-Captain-13/452330a3d92" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/Sky-Captain-13/452330a3d92</a>...
1521396907
Theodore S. said: I have the oddest thing happening: !power {{ --whisper|@{Selected|character_name}, GM --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|Player Options --rightsub|@{selected|class} --Healing Potions| ~R [Use](!&13;#HealingPotions) ~R --Long Rest | ~R [Good night](!&13;#LongRest) ~R --Short Rest| ~R [Make it quick](!&13;#ShortRest) ~R --Saving Throws| ~R [Roll](!&13;#Saving-Throws) ~R }} Everything works except #Saving-Throws and before you ask, it is built. !power {{ --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|@{Selected|class} --rightsub|Saves --Strength|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveStrength) ~R --Dexterity|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveDexterity) ~R --Constitution|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveConstitution) ~R --Intelligence|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveIntelligence) ~R --Wisdom|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveWisdom) ~R --Charisma|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveCharisma) ~R }} Any assistance would be great. Does the Macro Saving-Throw work by itself? If so try renaming it to SavingThrow and change the other macro to match.
1521399338

Edited 1521399428
OK... Even screwier... went through to work on it and am noticing that only ShortRest works and the actual PowerCard box doesn't show up, just the alter bar message. I have included all my coding and no errors are being thrown. Alone, every single one works but not by clicking on the boxes inside #PlayerOptions #PlayerOptions !power {{ --whisper|@{Selected|character_name}, GM --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|Player Options --rightsub|@{selected|class} --Healing Potions| ~R [Use](!&13;#HealingPotions) ~R --Long Rest | ~R [Good night](!&13;#LongRest) ~R --Short Rest| ~R [Make it quick](!&13;#ShortRest) ~R --Saving Throws| ~R [Roll](!&13;#SavingThrows) ~R }} #HealingPotions !alter --target|@{target||token_id} --bar|1 --amount|?{What type of potion|Healing,2d4+2|Greater,4d4+4 |Superior,8d4+4 |Supreme,10d4+20 |Full,+100} #LongRest !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --corners|10 --name| ** Long rest --leftsub|@{Selected|character_name} --rightsub| Manages a long rest. --Longrest:| At the end of a long rest, a character regains all lost hit points. The character also regains spent Hit Dice, up to a number of dice equal to half of the character’s total number of them (minimum of one die). }} !longrest @{Selected|character_name} #ShortRest !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --corners|10 --name| ** Short Rest ** --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub| Manages a short reset. --Hit Dice Use:|[[?{HitDice|1|2|3|4|5|6}]] --Shortrest:| A short rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds.^^ ^^ A character can spend one or more Hit Dice at the end of a short rest, up to the character’s maximum number of Hit Dice, which is equal to the character’s level. For each Hit Die spent in this way, the player rolls the die and adds the character’s Constitution modifier to it. The character regains hit points equal to the total. The player can decide to spend an additional Hit Die after each roll. }} !alter --target|@{selected|token_id} --bar|1 --amount| ((?{HitDice})d@{selected|HitDieType}) !setattr --name @{selected|character_name} --modb --hit_dice|-?{Hit Dice Use|1|2|3|4|5|6} --silent #SavingThrows !power {{ --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|@{Selected|class} --rightsub|Saves --Strength|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveStrength) ~R --Dexterity|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveDexterity) ~R --Constitution|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveConstitution) ~R --Intelligence|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveIntelligence) ~R --Wisdom|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveWisdom) ~R --Charisma|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveCharisma) ~R }}
1521409580

Edited 1521409655
Theodore S. said: OK... Even screwier... went through to work on it and am noticing that only ShortRest works and the actual PowerCard box doesn't show up, just the alter bar message. I have included all my coding and no errors are being thrown. Alone, every single one works but not by clicking on the boxes inside #PlayerOptions #PlayerOptions !power {{ --whisper|@{Selected|character_name}, GM --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|Player Options --rightsub|@{selected|class} --Healing Potions| ~R [Use](!&13;#HealingPotions) ~R --Long Rest | ~R [Good night](!&13;#LongRest) ~R --Short Rest| ~R [Make it quick](!&13;#ShortRest) ~R --Saving Throws| ~R [Roll](!&13;#SavingThrows) ~R }} #HealingPotions !alter --target|@{target||token_id} --bar|1 --amount|?{What type of potion|Healing,2d4+2|Greater,4d4+4 |Superior,8d4+4 |Supreme,10d4+20 |Full,+100} #LongRest !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --corners|10 --name| ** Long rest --leftsub|@{Selected|character_name} --rightsub| Manages a long rest. --Longrest:| At the end of a long rest, a character regains all lost hit points. The character also regains spent Hit Dice, up to a number of dice equal to half of the character’s total number of them (minimum of one die). }} !longrest @{Selected|character_name} #ShortRest !power {{ --titlefontshadow|none --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --format|atwill --corners|10 --name| ** Short Rest ** --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub| Manages a short reset. --Hit Dice Use:|[[?{HitDice|1|2|3|4|5|6}]] --Shortrest:| A short rest is a period of downtime, at least 1 hour long, during which a character does nothing more strenuous than eating, drinking, reading, and tending to wounds.^^ ^^ A character can spend one or more Hit Dice at the end of a short rest, up to the character’s maximum number of Hit Dice, which is equal to the character’s level. For each Hit Die spent in this way, the player rolls the die and adds the character’s Constitution modifier to it. The character regains hit points equal to the total. The player can decide to spend an additional Hit Die after each roll. }} !alter --target|@{selected|token_id} --bar|1 --amount| ((?{HitDice})d@{selected|HitDieType}) !setattr --name @{selected|character_name} --modb --hit_dice|-?{Hit Dice Use|1|2|3|4|5|6} --silent #SavingThrows !power {{ --corners|10 --format|Conditions --titlefontshadow|none --name|@{Selected|character_name} --leftsub|@{Selected|class} --rightsub|Saves --Strength|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveStrength) ~R --Dexterity|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveDexterity) ~R --Constitution|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveConstitution) ~R --Intelligence|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveIntelligence) ~R --Wisdom|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveWisdom) ~R --Charisma|~R [Roll](!&13;#SaveCharisma) ~R }} check the API and see if it crash error? If so click to create a new sandbox.&nbsp; Try removing whisper
Any ideas why this isn't coming up in a power card?
Anthony V. said: Any ideas why this isn't coming up in a power card? What is the code? And have you updated your API to 3.6.1?
1521469163

Edited 1521469208
Anthony V. said: Any ideas why this isn't coming up in a power card? Any time power card doesn't display or displays incorrectly check the API for error. if error push the button to restart the sand box. Next check the macro and make sure you have the ! in the front. If that is not it post the code.
Craven said: Anthony V. said: Any ideas why this isn't coming up in a power card? Any time power card doesn't display or displays incorrectly check the API for error. if error push the button to restart the sand box. Next check the macro and make sure you have the ! in the front. If that is not it post the code. Working now thank you!
Is there a way to link a token's traits to appear when you use the action list function?
1521517243

Edited 1521517325
!power {{ --tokenid|@{selected|token_id} --titlebackground|none --titlefontshadow|none --whisper| gm --corners|10 --format|atwill --name|Attacks --leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --rightsub|CR @{selected|npc_challenge} ^^ --**Spell Save DC**| [[@{selected|spell_save_dc}]] ^^**Spell Attack Bonus** [[@{selected|spell_attack_bonus} ]] ~C ** Available Spells ** ~C **Level 1 :** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl1_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 2 :** [[@{selected|lvl2_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl2_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 3** : [[@{selected|lvl3_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl3_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 4** : [[@{selected|lvl4_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl4_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 5 :** [[@{selected|lvl5_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl5_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 6 :** [[@{selected|lvl6_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl6_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 7** : [[@{selected|lvl7_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl7_slots_expended}]]^^ **Level 8** : [[@{selected|lvl8_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl8_slots_expended}]] **Level 9** : [[@{selected|lvl9_slots_total}]] **Remaining** [[@{selected|lvl9_slots_expended}]] --Spells| --spell_list|@{selected|character_id} --Actions| --npc_action_list|@{selected|character_id} --Legendary Actions:| [@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$0_npc_action) [@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$1_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$1_npc_action) [@{selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$2_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction-l_$2_npc_action) --Reactions:| [@{selected|repeating_npcreaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcreaction_$0_desc) }} This is the Macro I am using, looking to add traits somehow and to streamline Legendary Actions and Reactions like we had done with Actions and Spells. You guys are the best, constantly improving my games!
1521837451

Edited 1521837602
Howdy, I have a modified version of PowerCards 3.6.1 that allows --emote to use the character's token image without having to select the token.&nbsp; Not sure if that would be useful for anyone else, but thought I'd see if there was any interest.&nbsp; Also, is it acceptable to post my gist here with the changes?
that sounds kind of cool
1521907848
Moose said: Howdy, I have a modified version of PowerCards 3.6.1 that allows --emote to use the character's token image without having to select the token.&nbsp; Not sure if that would be useful for anyone else, but thought I'd see if there was any interest.&nbsp; Also, is it acceptable to post my gist here with the changes? I don't think the original creator of the PC is working on it anymore. I think I remember them mentioning they were done with the API several pages ago. So I don't think it would be something they would mind.
Alright, here it is: <a href="https://gist.github.com/philipva/0dd04cb1f30bab704" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/philipva/0dd04cb1f30bab704</a>... It's running in several games so reasonably well tested, but let me know if there are any problems.&nbsp; To use it, just set --charactertokenid|@{character_id} in your PC macro, don't set the charid or tokenid tags, and it will find the token that represents that characterid (on the current page) and set the charid and tokenid variables appropriately.&nbsp;
1522463368

Edited 1522501723
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
I've been playing around with adding new features to PowerCards for things I'd like to use in my game. I created a fork of Sky Captain's 3.6.1 code at&nbsp; <a href="https://gist.github.com/kjaegers/7fd81c55517014704b9fe3986660341c" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/kjaegers/7fd81c55517014704b9fe3986660341c</a> if anyone is interested in trying it out. I'm still working on a couple of ideas, but the items below are working in my game right now. Target Avatars : If a target_list is specified, the first target will have their icon shown on the right side of the emote section. New emotefont Tag : If specified, this will inject CSS into the emote section of the PowerCard's output. This property defaults to "font-family: Georgia, serif; font-weight: bold; " in the code, and can also be specified in the PowerCard Formats handout for each format type. As an example: --emotefont|font-family: "Script"; font-weight: bold; Generic API Calling : API commands can be called by specifying --api_command, replacing "command" with the !name of the api call (for example, --api_token-mod can be used to call the TokenMod API script. The tag's value will be passed as a parameter string to the API call. As with alterbar, replace the "--" in commands with _. For example, the following will call Token-Mod to turn on the stopwatch status marker: --api_token-mod|_ids @{selected|token_id} _ignore-selected _set statusmarkers|stopwatch Integrated FX system : Visual effects (ala the /fx) command can be created with the --vfx_opt tag. This tag accepts 1, 2, or 3 parameters separated by spaces. If a single parameter is passed, it is used as the effect descriptor (eg, burst-magic) and the effect is played at the card's Token_ID token location. --vfx_opt|burst-slime If two parameters are passed, the first parameter is the token who's location will be used for the effect, and the second is the descriptor. Use the format for single-location effects (burst, explosion, nova, etc). --vfx_opt|@{target|token_id} glow-blood Finally, if three parameters are passed, the first is the effect starting location, the second is the effect destination location, and the third is the effect descriptor. Use this format for effects that appear between two points (beam, breath, etc). --vfx_opt|@{selected|token_id} @{target|token_id} breath-fire Of course, these tags also work with conditionals, so I have something along the lines of: --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|BAR2} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? Hit *1:|@{target|token_name} takes [[ @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damage} ]] @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_attack_damagetype} damage --?? $Atk.total &gt;= @{target|BAR2} AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 1 AND $Atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? vfx_opt *1|@{target|token_id} glow-blood These two conditional lines both have the same condition, so they will fire if the attack hits. The first line rolls the damage for the attack and the second creates a blood splatter on the target (I link BAR2 to Armor Class for all of my tokens)
1522635230
Is there a way for you to roll a d100 and then have it either ignore the number output if it doesn't meet a condition or show it when it does meet the condition? For instance if the number is a 3 or less and also 97 or higher. I'm trying to check for the 6% chance of something happening but only 3% on each end. When a character attacks with their weapon there is a 6% chance that something happens and I was trying to figure out how to show that.
1522635935
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Jerry F. said: Is there a way for you to roll a d100 and then have it either ignore the number output if it doesn't meet a condition or show it when it does meet the condition? For instance if the number is a 3 or less and also 97 or higher. I'm trying to check for the 6% chance of something happening but only 3% on each end. When a character attacks with their weapon there is a 6% chance that something happens and I was trying to figure out how to show that. Something like this? !power {{ --name|Testing --hroll|[[ [$hide] 1d100 ]] --always|Always show this [[ 1d20 ]] roll! --?? $hide.total &lt;= 3 OR $hide.total &gt;= 97 ?? ShowIt|Something happened! [^hide] }} The 1d20 roll line will always be shown. The hidden roll (--hroll) won't appear but will still happen. if it ins &lt;=3 or &gt;=97, the ShowIt line will be added, but otherwise you won't see it.
1522638904
Thank you
1522667307

Edited 1522667427
Hi everyone I have just recently started playing around with Powercards and come across something weird that I can't figure out and would appreciate some help on. If I run the same command in 2 different games I get different results.&nbsp;The only difference is that one game was created using the official Roll20 Tomb of Annihilation module purchased from the marketplace and the other wasn't. The first result is in my test game (no Tomb of Annihilation) and it looks fine, but when I run it in my second game (Tomb of Annihilation module} the text is all blurry for some reason in the title and subtitle line.&nbsp; Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks very much. Input !power {{ --charid|@{selected|character_id} --emote|Test --format|atwill --name|Melee --leftsub|Action --rightsub|Reach 5 ft. --Attack|[[1d20 + 3 [Strength Mod] + 2 [Proficiency]]] vs AC --Hit|[[1d8 + 3 [Strength Mod]]] slashing damage }} Output
1522688685
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Prometheus said: Hi everyone I have just recently started playing around with Powercards and come across something weird that I can't figure out and would appreciate some help on. If I run the same command in 2 different games I get different results.&nbsp;The only difference is that one game was created using the official Roll20 Tomb of Annihilation module purchased from the marketplace and the other wasn't. The first result is in my test game (no Tomb of Annihilation) and it looks fine, but when I run it in my second game (Tomb of Annihilation module} the text is all blurry for some reason in the title and subtitle line.&nbsp; Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks very much. Input !power {{ --charid|@{selected|character_id} --emote|Test --format|atwill --name|Melee --leftsub|Action --rightsub|Reach 5 ft. --Attack|[[1d20 + 3 [Strength Mod] + 2 [Proficiency]]] vs AC --Hit|[[1d8 + 3 [Strength Mod]]] slashing damage }} Output Do you have a "PowerCard Formats" handout in one but not in the other? If you have it in both, is the "atwill" format in both of them the same?
1522710192

Edited 1522710423
Set --titlefontshadow|none in your format to fix the fuzzy/blurry font. See this post ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4285059/script-powercards-3-thread-4/?pageforid=4893987#post-4893987" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4285059/script-powercards-3-thread-4/?pageforid=4893987#post-4893987</a> ) for more.
1522711133
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
So, I exchanged messages with Sky about formally taking over supporting/updating PowerCards, and he was agreeable. I have another update in the works, but I want to test it out in my Thursday night game before pushing it up to the GIST. I'm also open to ideas for additional features, as long as they make sense within the general realm of what PowerCards is.
1522711549

Edited 1522711652
Kurt J. said: So, I exchanged messages with Sky about formally taking over supporting/updating PowerCards, and he was agreeable. I have another update in the works, but I want to test it out in my Thursday night game before pushing it up to the GIST. I'm also open to ideas for additional features, as long as they make sense within the general realm of what PowerCards is. Awesome, looking forward to seeing what new stuff you come up with!! My only suggestion at this time is maybe creating a legendary actions list and a reactions list similar to what we have for Actions and Spells already and maybe a traits section but from my understanding that section works differently then the rest.&nbsp;
1522715066
Rabulias said: Set --titlefontshadow|none in your format to fix the fuzzy/blurry font. See this post ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4285059/script-powercards-3-thread-4/?pageforid=4893987#post-4893987" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4285059/script-powercards-3-thread-4/?pageforid=4893987#post-4893987</a> ) for more. Prometheus said: Hi everyone I have just recently started playing around with Powercards and come across something weird that I can't figure out and would appreciate some help on. If I run the same command in 2 different games I get different results.&nbsp;The only difference is that one game was created using the official Roll20 Tomb of Annihilation module purchased from the marketplace and the other wasn't. The first result is in my test game (no Tomb of Annihilation) and it looks fine, but when I run it in my second game (Tomb of Annihilation module} the text is all blurry for some reason in the title and subtitle line.&nbsp; Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Thanks very much. Input !power {{ --charid|@{selected|character_id} --emote|Test --format|atwill --name|Melee --leftsub|Action --rightsub|Reach 5 ft. --Attack|[[1d20 + 3 [Strength Mod] + 2 [Proficiency]]] vs AC --Hit|[[1d8 + 3 [Strength Mod]]] slashing damage }} Output Looks like you have 2 different version of the powercard API load in the different games. One has the new drop shadow and by default its white so using the that Rabulias posted will remove the drop shadow --titlefontshadow|none or change the color if you want a drop shadow.