Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3 Very fun, super fantastic, roleplayers - Looking for DM!

Hey everyone, got an amazing find here for you today! Thank god you're reading this post, because I'm not sure how long this special sale is going on for! Phew! Anyhow, I have the deal of the century for you! Three amazing players (27-28 years of age; Myself, my wife, and our best-friend) that are ready and prime to commit some atrocities and/or acts of heroism! We're all knowledgeable in D&D 5e and we've had about 30+ hours of experience in group-play. We're mostly looking for a DM that matches our type of personalities and that loves goofing around but also wants to develop some great story line. We'd preferably like to meet every other week to play a 3 hour session in the afternoon (starting around 9:00pm CMT). As for our tastes in fantasy, we're fairly flexible. Primarily we want to develop characters in a rich world, so that if we go from one campaign to the next we're still within the same 'realm'. We're entirely O.K. with joining other players in our adventures, but we'd like to keep the group size to around 5 at tops. Just to give you a general idea of who were are (because I feel the correct alignment of personalities is the core to any good game-play experience) I'll give you a briefing on each of us. I am, generally speaking, a leader personality. I love gaming of any kind and I don't shy from social interaction. I'm straight forward, sensible, and will follow loyally who I think is worthy of my presence, much like a dog. I want a DM who is easy-going and understand social norms. My wife is more shy, but genuinely loves cooperative play and finds many things comedical. She doesn't often do "deep" roleplay but is willing to act her character (which she often mirrors off herself) and enjoys a myriad of encounters. She enjoys watching anime, playing games, and would like a DM that "isn't so serious" (be flexible to odd situations?). Lastly, Jared likes to do various things. He's very chill when it comes with 'going with the flow of things' and likes people to be accepting of others. In role plays, he likes to play more mysterious characters who, after experiencing some sort of loss, have changed their heinous, selfish ways; like a master thief who lost the only loved one type of shit  ::eye roll::. Jared doesn't really know what he looks for in a DM, sooo yea... Anyhow! I'll be checking in on this post daily to see if there is any interest in our humble, little band! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Hi Julian! How soon would your group want to get into the campaign, and how flexible are you hours-wise? I'm a noobie DM, I semi-ran a campaign, but it didn't go very far. I'm ready to try again, though! I'm 16, a lot younger than your group if you don't mind, but I like to write stories and cater to a roleplay style group! I was thinking a more sandbox style campaign with flexible global issues. Mind you I still have to get everything started before we go into the first campaign, but I'll try my best to get something down. An issue I have is the current time you want. 9PM is too early for me to start, but if you're still available 5-6 hours later, then I can easily make the time, unless you would wanna play saturdays/sundays. Also on that note, late night Fridays and Saturdays (and by late night, I mean no limitations) are good for me. In terms of getting along with players, I like to goof around too! A stoic, business like campaign isn't one worth playing IMO. I just might ask for your opinions here and there; how you think the story is going, where you think it's headed, and how you like the way everything's unfolding. You and your group would have a lot of say in how I run the campaign if you like. Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Hey Aiden, thanks for the response man! I do appreciate your enthusiasm, and we honestly don't mind having to new of a DM, but we're all slightly uncomfortable playing with such a young leader as yourself; although, I will admit you're quite articulate in your writing ability for your age - that's awesome! Honestly, we just don't think we'd truly feel at home due to the gap in age. Generally speaking, we're a 'mature' crowd when it comes to language and topics and -- while I know you're audibly groaning to this -- I don't feel your parents would approve of our company. So, while I admire your interest, I will have to respectfully decline. Thank you, Aiden!
Hi Julian: I'm trying to get a Thursday/weekday game going in the evening.  I'm not sure when you're looking to play though, since I can't find a CMT time zone, and I don't consider 9pm an afternoon time. That being said, I like to run a game that's more serious than goofy, only because it helps the storytelling when players can focus and minimize side chatter.  However, the nature of roleplaying makes it pretty inevitable that some funny situations will pop up, and I understand that. I'm not running a 5e game but it has a similar coat of paint and you can pull off the same character concepts if you want: classes, races, spells.  Let me know what you think.
I would be able to run the game for you guys but it would be starting around 9-10pm MST.
After some Googling I'm still not sure what CMT is...
MattBx8
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I'm in the Pacific Northwest PST (GMT-8). CMT could be either Central Time CST (GMT-6) or Mountain Time MST (GMT-7). /Matt
I live in Ontario Canada so I'm in Eastern (GMT-5) and this would potentially be the perfect time for me to run a game for a ready-made group such as this. Let me know please, and we can try to set up a time or figure out if we'd be a good fit for each other.
So sorry guys for such a late response. We thought we might have had a DM to cover our situation in my local area, but it turned out to be a dud. Anyhow, I also just now realized the error in my 'time zone' (a typo, I apologize). It is MST, mountain standard time. Anyhow, thank you guys for attempting to sort that out, ha! I do appreciate it, though. Michael, I will inform the group about your game and see if they're interested!  Thanks again, guys!
Howdy, Not sure if a 100% fit for you guys, but if you are interested, send us a message! We are looking for 2-3 players at the moment. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/25908/arbordale" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/25908/arbordale</a>... Sergey