Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP][M&M3e][EST] Players wanted for an ongoing campaign (LGBTQ+)

Hi All, I'm looking for 4-5 players who are interested in joining me in an ongoing adventure, crafting a fun and engaging story. The system we'll be using is Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition, a game built for a more over the top, cinematic experience. Newbies and experienced players are welcomed and depending on players' wants/needs, I can do voice or text based gaming. You can find the SRD  here if you want to take a look at the game. I own all of the power profiles and sourcebooks as pdfs and am here to talk concept if it's intimidating. Please note: This is an lgbtq+ friendly game as well. Hate speech against any race, religion, and sexuality won't be tolerated. Nor will ableism or sexism.   I have three different concepts I'm open to leading and will leave the selection up to the players. They are The Super Novas , The Wicked+The Divine , and The New Mutants . You can find a write up on each below. I'm hoping for each to be very character driven, using pieces of the players' histories to contribute to the larger world of the game setting. Sessions will run biweekly on Saturdays or Sundays, somewhere in the morning time slot preferably but I'm flexible. If you'd like to join and/or have questions, please reply here or send me a pm. The Super Novas  Synopsis - Two years ago, the heroine known as Liberty Belle changed the world for superheroes when she nearly ended it all. Driven by prophetic visions, she set off on a self-fulfilling apocalypse that took the combined efforts of earth's heroes to prevent it. Now, heroes are feared and not revered. Anyone with powers is seen as a menace waiting to strike, especially mutantkind kind, and even as the caped crusaders fight to save the world, they walk a fine line between savior and sinner. Of these heroes, one group shines bright, raking in endorsement deals, fame, and fortune in the face of adversity with the government's assistance. They are the Fantastic Faction, Earth's greatest heroes with modeling contracts and they're here to save the day and look good doing it. But when an apocalyptic vision strikes Liberty Belle, she's forced out of retirement to assemble a team stem the tide. Thus The Super Novas are born but as the name implies, they're an explosion waiting to happen. Will these heroes be able to keep it together and trust the woman who changed their world? Will the world that hates and fears them be too much to handle? Or will the Fantastic Faction catch on to their operation and shut them down with extreme prejudice? The answers to these questions are yours to find. Setup - This game is a PL9 game based off of a story I wrote. Players take up the role of a member of the Super Novas just before formation. Hero, villain, and sidekick concepts are all supported. This is a colorful world full of superheroes and villains as well as an ever-growing population of mutants who have taken to their own makeshift ghettos as the tide against them grows. Liberty Belle acts as the aloof mission command and the story is part action/adventure, part occult mystery with some melodramatic superhero antics throw in. All origins and powers are encouraged and backstories can be as grand as you want with gm approval. Level progression will be fast as the story expands, netting players up to 3 power points per session.  The Wicked+The Divine: American Gods Synopsis - The Gods of the Underworld are in the Underground, the Gods of the sky are in Valhalla, and you? You've just snuck into your sixth and final show....as a spectator. Her eyes find you after the show, on your train ride home, in the privacy of your empty shared studio apartment. Searching eyes, knowing eyes, eyes you've seen many a lifetime before and will see lifetimes after. When she speaks, it's not to you but the you that's hidden away. "You will be loved. You will be hated. In two years' time, you will be dead" You are a god among men. A pop star with godly abilities, you're here on earth to inspire. Shrouded in mystery and mystique, your concerts are the stuff of legends. Not all believe in your power but those that do are in awe or fear. Movements have rallied for and against you despite your best attempts to hide your power. But when an unknown assailant calling themselves the Godkiller kills one of the members of the Pantheon in a brutal and televised way, your secret is out. They proclaim the pantheon are false gods and that one by one, they will be brought to judgement, sparking an increase in their attention. Records fly off the shelves, interview requests come streaming in. The world knows that gods walk among them and it's all anyone can talk about.  The only thing the remaining gods can talk about is the person who was able to fell a god. Will you be able to stop the killer before they kill you? How will the rise in attention shape your world before the end of your cycle? And is the Godkiller the only threat waiting for the uninformed gods? Setup - This game is a PL 10 murder mystery meets angsty teen drama based on the comic series The Wicked+The Divine wherein the main characters are all fans of the gods who've ascended and become gods themselves. It differs greatly from the main story as the villain in it is not the threat the players face and it also takes place in America (mostly because I don't know the UK). Players assume the role of any deity in history who has been reborn in the body of a teen. Ages should range from 13-19 and while backstories are encouraged, in depth histories aren't needed as your life truly began the day you became a god.You've been gods for a little over a year in universe. You get the following Advantages for free - Benefit: Wealth 4 (multi-millionaire) and Equipment 5 (Headquarters). You get the Fame Complication. Unique powers relating to your chosen god are encouraged. Power point accrual is 1 per session since the PL is high enough to make any power the pantheon has unstoppable to the average person. Downtime threads are welcomed and thanks to the characters already having a year under their belts as gods, they can fill in any blanks during that time with a thread. The New Mutants: Class is in Session Synopsis - It's the summer of 1985. For most teens, their chief concern is finding the last bottles of old school Coca-Cola and getting tickets for Back to the Future but you have far more pressing issues at hand. It's a summer for growth, for hormones to rage, and for puberty to take hold. Growing pains are normal but you're far from normal. You might be hearing voices in a silent room, feeling temperature changes more acutely, or excelling at the light as a feather stiff as a board game in terrifying ways. You don't know it yet, but you're a mutant and your old life is over. A peculiar man has arrived at your door with an all expenses paid invitation to a prestigious academy for the gifted. Despite your less than stellar grades and/or attitude. He has a knowing look in his eyes and an inviting smile. He introduces himself as Charles Xavier and your world changes forever thanks to his presence. He tells them of your gifts and offers to teach you to control them, protecting you as you learn. Your parents may have noticed your changes but in either case they take him up on the offer and you're off to your new home in Westchester County, New York. You aren't alone in your journey. One of five, you are a New Mutant and class will soon be in session. There you'll learn control, honing your gifts and under the tutelage of the world's premier telepath as his third class as his first and second fight for a world that hates and fears them. The X-men are your upperclassmen. The first graduates of his school, you only see them in fleeting moments. You're there to learn, not to fight, a point Xavier tries to hammer home. But the world isn't so kind and shielding. There is evil lurking in the world for mutants, festering in the dark. Will you be able to master your gifts? Will you join the fight for mutant kind? Will you pass the English midterm? Setup - The New Mutants is a game that follows the titular comic book staring the third class of mutants to join after the Original Five and the All New All Different team. Players will take up the role of a 13-17 year old PL5-6 character who's just come into their powers, taking the place of the classic team in this story. Players who take the lower PL in a mixed PL game gain an extra Hero Point at the start of each session. The game is set in the mid-eighties so technology is somewhat limited. Secret identities are a big deal and keeping your powers secret is something stressed in your tutelage. Up to 2 points can be earned from each session, with another earned by downtime threads. The story itself is a story of growth and change as the characters mature physically and mentally, eventually graduating into a new team. You don't have to know everything about the X-men to get the story and cameos will be explained. This digs deep into the New Mutant's canon but new connections from the characters backstories are encouraged and expected.
If this turns out to be a text game, I would be interested in any of the three.  If you decide on text, but need more players, I can point you to a hub group for posting LFPs direct to text gamers.
Megan Jones said: If this turns out to be a text game, I would be interested in any of the three.  If you decide on text, but need more players, I can point you to a hub group for posting LFPs direct to text gamers. That would be great if you can! I've already got one player interested in the New Mutants game. 
Megan would fit nicely into that setting.  I'd have to tweak some of her usual background a bit, since I don't normally play her as a mutant, but it's certainly within reason.  She's a hyper-inventive, and I usually build her with a suit of powered armor, and some Quickness.
She definitely sounds like a fit as far as powers go. I'm open to hearing her background. Remember the original New Mutants were pretty open as far as concepts.They've had a demon lord and mutant aliens on their team. 
Technically, the demon lord was a mutant, too.  She just happened to ALSO be a demon lord.  :P Rather than copy/pasting her background here to clog up the thread, I'll post  this , which is a PL 8 version of her that I made for a game a few years ago.  Since the New Mutants version would be just starting out, I would probably drop the gear, or most of it, to make up for the lower PL.  Any extra points that popped up would probably go into Quickness, since playing I've played around with turning her into a speedster in some games.  It makes sense in regards to the nature of her powers.  I may also play up her dream of being a pop star, since that really fits with the 80s, as well as a few other mutant celebrities that were frequent in the comics back then.

Edited 1480466204
True but things get kinda muddy there! She sounds very cool!! Like a cross between Cypher and Sage. Super geniuses are always a good fit. I also had plans to bring in Dazzler and Lila Cheney so that pop star angle would be used well.
Just who I was thinking of.  ;)  
Feel free to include them in her backstory!!
I could probably put them in as someone that she idolizes or looks up to for inspiration.
I love her already!!!
Now, we need others, though.  :p  Plus, I must sit down to do the maths to make her PL5 or PL6, and then hope that other players want text, too.
So far we've got one more applicant up for a text based game and one I'm waiting to hear back from.
You could try joining  here to find more text players.
That's actually a great help! Thanks. I just joined.
Yup.  I ushered you right on in.  

Edited 1480519966
I'm willing to play either style I am pretty new but ready to play my character was originally gonna be some kind of sharpshooter but I can find a way to tweak him to have mutant powers that fit my prefered style 
Depeding on the time i would be up for this, the second and third option are the ones that call my attention the most, i never played Mutants and Masterminds so i would most likely need a bit of help with it.
Megan Jones said: Yup.  I ushered you right on in.   Thanks! I just posted my thread. J N. said: I'm willing to play either style I am pretty new but ready to play my character was originally gonna be some kind of sharpshooter but I can find a way to tweak him to have mutant powers that fit my prefered style  That concept totally works. Whether they be a Bullseye type pc or some sort of conjuring or psionic sniper, they'd fit. Gabriel B. said: Depeding on the time i would be up for this, the second and third option are the ones that call my attention the most, i never played Mutants and Masterminds so i would most likely need a bit of help with it. No worries about no experience! I'm here to help everyone. Of all the systems I've played, M&M is quite possibly the easiest to play but the hardest to create characters in. When it comes to gameplay, everything's decided by a difficulty check. You roll to attack someone, they roll to resist the effect of your attack, and so on down to the challenges. Character creation's only tough because your only real limit is your imagination when it comes to your character's abilities. You can tailor every aspect of your power right on down to its appearance so it helps if you start by saying what you want to be able to do instead of looking at what's possible.
I know the system well, but I'll have to refresh myself since I've been playing some Hero, and some of the mechanics may have gotten jumbled in my brain
Haha awesome sounds like a plan then
Ok, i would most likely go for the ability to twist the hearts and minds of people, i would also need the pdf for the game.

Edited 1480537722
Gabriel B. said: Ok, i would most likely go for the ability to twist the hearts and minds of people, i would also need the pdf for the game. That sounds like a pretty interesting ability. Were you thinking something similar to Empath from the Hellions? You can view the srd  here , containing all the information from the sourcesbook and I can send along the power profiles when I get home. When character building, it's better to think of everything you want your character to be able to do then build the powers using the srd like lego pieces.
Brian said: Gabriel B. said: Ok, i would most likely go for the ability to twist the hearts and minds of people, i would also need the pdf for the game. That sounds like a pretty interesting ability. Were you thinking something similar to Empath from the Hellions? You can view the srd  here , containing all the information from the sourcesbook and I can send along the power profiles when I get home. When character building, it's better to think of everything you want your character to be able to do then build the powers using the srd like lego pieces. No idea what Empaths is.
I really need to start remembering not everyone has an encyclopedic knowledge of every X-man character. lol Basically he controls emotions. Here's his power summary.&nbsp;<a href="http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_de_la_Rocha_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities" rel="nofollow">http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Manuel_de_la_Rocha_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities</a>
I might need a little help setting up my character (I know what I want I'm just unsure for specifics for this system like points for dex or such and how to apply them for starting characters) once we get playing I'll be fine lol
Yep, pretty much what i had in mind.
The big question is what day are we gonna set this up on lol
Gabriel B. said: Yep, pretty much what i had in mind. That powerset's totally viable and coincidentally appropriate since the Empath's team were the New Mutant's original enemies! Though you don't have to worry about him showing up in this story as our Hellions are a bit different. J N. said: The big question is what day are we gonna set this up on lol Right now I'm leaning towards Saturday morning as game day but we can all sort that out amongst the group once everyone's on board.
ok, sounds good to me, my GMT is normally -3, currently -2 due to summer time, i can saturday morning, tuesday night and pretty much all of sunday.
Tuesday night and sunday night work best for me lol
If this gets set up on a Sunday Night I'd be very interested playing. I am in the CST (-6GMT) zone and would love to get a chance to play again.&nbsp; Peace --Mike
Timezone differences really will be the death of me. Right now Saturday mornings around noon work best for me but I'd like to keep in contact with you, Mike and J.N. If things change with work I might be able to do Sundays in the future.&nbsp;
lol I live in cst aswell and damn I work pretty much all day Saturday and from 10:30 till 6:30 on Sundays
i kinda suck at solving mysteries but I am down for anything because I somehow manage to luck out of a lot of things. I would do it as a ghost themed mutant (pseudo fusion of Mystique and Shadowcat), invisiblity, phasing, & possession. i can provide more background and info if you need it as well.
hey i would love to play the new mutants one but i work sat mornings im EST so gmt -5 anytime after like 630 pm im free till monday afternoon
if your looking for another player i would love to join, i responded faster on skype xdarkstaikerx
BiGeRxMaN said: i kinda suck at solving mysteries but I am down for anything because I somehow manage to luck out of a lot of things. I would do it as a ghost themed mutant (pseudo fusion of Mystique and Shadowcat), invisiblity, phasing, & possession. i can provide more background and info if you need it as well. I like the concept. For those of you still applying, we've currently got an Empath, a pseudo speedster genius, and classic Cannonball in the lineup. I'd love more info. Shoot me a pm with more info about their powers and personality. Dao said: if your looking for another player i would love to join, i responded faster on skype xdarkstaikerx I'll send you a message once I'm home from work!
i definitly like to make a mystic caster/psion with a pesimistic view on the world rather than a happy go luck marry sue type "hero"&nbsp;
I shall be the boundless optimist of the group, then!
We've filled up! Recruiting is closed. Thanks for taking the time to read and apply.