Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ability for DM to Block Token Drops by Players

Would there be any easy way to create a toggle for the DM to block character token drops by players? I use dynamic lighting to hide things on the map during campaigns, but a player can easily and accidentally or purposely drop their token from the side bar directly onto the map in a spot that is supposed to be secret at any given time. They can drop 50 character tokens on the screen if they want and if their token has vision, they just broke into every enclosed dynamic lighting space on the map and revealed every secret. Basically, I'd just like a switch that can block people from dropping tokens so only I can drop them if in a situation like this. I'm already using an API script to keep people from moving when they shouldn't be, but I can't stop them from dropping new tokens all over the place without any way to block it. I am aware I can just take away the token's default vision then save the token without vision as the default so that any token they drop contains no vision, but then I have to reprogram every token's vision every time they get dropped on a new map which is a pain, so I'd rather avoid having to do that.
That sounds like a player problem, not a roll20 problem.
Definitely a player problem. If you want an existing roll20 solution, add Fog of War and only open the fog in the section they can see. Then they can't drop tokens all over the map, and you can easily see if they're doing so in the opened-up area. Or if you're concerned about them doing this while you're offline and won't be there to see it, drag the party to a Lobby page when the game is over.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .