Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] 2nd edition AD&D game, Friday or Saturday evenings after 9 pm Pacific time

Edited 1480658105
I'm thinking of starting a 2nd edition AD&D game on Friday or Saturday nights. Any interest? I'm in Pacific time so it would have to be late night, after 9 pm PT (12 midnight ET). If you're in Australia, that's 4 pm the following afternoon. If you are interested, please let me know by sending me a PM. Setting will be determined once I have enough players. I'm looking for 4-5, maybe 6 dedicated people. A little bit about me: I'm an experienced DM who's been playing AD&D since the late 1970s. I started DMing in the 1980s, first under 1st edition, then later mainly under 2nd edition. My campaigns tend to last for a pretty long time. For instance, my weekly Sunday game began in 2003 and it's still ongoing. If you like long games, here's your chance to get in on one. Thanks.

Edited 1480707660
Gold asked me on another thread in the main LFG forum: "Will video be required, or using voice, or just text chat only? Are you more strict towards just the PHB in terms of class & race, or will you be allowing Complete Book Of Humanoids for PC's, alternative classes from expansions, or will this only be decided once the setting is made-up & group is formed?" The answers are: 1. No video will be required. It will be text only. I recognize that some folks might like voice and may feel that text only is too slow for them. I get it, but the advantage of text only is that there's a log of what was said and done. And if you're like me and if your games last for YEARS, sometimes having a record of what exactly happened proves useful. For instance, if a player drops out and someone else takes his or her place, having a text log is superior over voice because that player can then get up to speed fairly quickly. As an experienced DM who's been running text-only online games since the 1990s (when I first started doing them on AOL), I find that voice just doesn't compare in that respect. 2. I'm fairly lenient as far as splatbooks are concerned. I will draw the line at the Players' Option books (aka AD&D 2.x) and psionics. Chances are that I'll allow whatever it is you want to play as long as (1) it's not an evil PC and (2) your source isn't a netbook, one of the Players' Option books, Council of Wyrms, Chronomancer or something relating to psionics.
probable I can, i haven't got a chance to really play in so long. as far as setting i can work with most. may go fighter or such.
As a a Note settings I'd Love to try: Birthright, Dragon Lance, Forgotten Realms and/or Spelljammer, Don't Mind Greyhawk, but I've mostly played that and would like to try a new one.
Would you want to start one, or would you like to join one already going on?  My Malum Umbrae game starts Saturday's 10 pm cst which I think is 9 pacific but it goes on for several hours. 2nd edition and open to new players.
Paul S. said: Would you want to start one, or would you like to join one already going on?  My Malum Umbrae game starts Saturday's 10 pm cst which I think is 9 pacific but it goes on for several hours. 2nd edition and open to new players. I'd like to start one.  If you're interested, would you please send me a PM?  :) Thanks!

Edited 1480716609
Stan S. said: I'm thinking of starting a 2nd edition AD&D game on Friday or Saturday nights. Any interest? I'm in Pacific time so it would have to be late night, after 9 pm PT (12 midnight ET). If you're in Australia, that's 4 pm the following afternoon. If you are interested, please let me know by sending me a PM. Setting will be determined once I have enough players. I'm looking for 4-5, maybe 6 dedicated people. A little bit about me: I'm an experienced DM who's been playing AD&D since the late 1970s. I started DMing in the 1980s, first under 1st edition, then later mainly under 2nd edition. My campaigns tend to last for a pretty long time. For instance, my weekly Sunday game began in 2003 and it's still ongoing. If you like long games, here's your chance to get in on one. Thanks. You had me at Saturday night and then lost me at text only. Just in case you didn't know, your data allotment includes your campaign text and backlog so you will eventually have to delete it. That being said, it behooves you to record a video of each session and compile a backlog of videos on YouTube, as I have done here:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV0EY59qUHY_q3dojqwb0W5fhq4h-K-Ul" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV0EY59qUHY_q3dojqwb0W5fhq4h-K-Ul</a>

Edited 1480716626
Gargamond said: Stan S. said: I'm thinking of starting a 2nd edition AD&D game on Friday or Saturday nights. Any interest? I'm in Pacific time so it would have to be late night, after 9 pm PT (12 midnight ET). If you're in Australia, that's 4 pm the following afternoon. If you are interested, please let me know by sending me a PM. Setting will be determined once I have enough players. I'm looking for 4-5, maybe 6 dedicated people. A little bit about me: I'm an experienced DM who's been playing AD&D since the late 1970s. I started DMing in the 1980s, first under 1st edition, then later mainly under 2nd edition. My campaigns tend to last for a pretty long time. For instance, my weekly Sunday game began in 2003 and it's still ongoing. If you like long games, here's your chance to get in on one. Thanks. You had me at Saturday night and then lost me at text only. Just in case you didn't know, your data allotment includes your campaign text and backlog so you will eventually have to delete it. That being said, it behooves you to record a video of each session and compile a backlog of videos on YouTube, as I have done here:&nbsp; <a href="http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV0EY59qUHY_q3dojqwb0W5fhq4h-K-Ul" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLV0EY59qUHY_q3dojqwb0W5fhq4h-K-Ul</a> I can download the log into a text file and store it on my home computer, so it doesn't matter that I'll eventually have to delete it. &nbsp; I don't think I need to record anything. Tell you what -- You run your games the way you see fit and I'll do the same. &nbsp;Sounds good? &nbsp;Appreciate the "help" though!
Gargamond said: Stan S. said: I'm thinking of starting a 2nd edition AD&D game on Friday or Saturday nights. Any interest? I'm in Pacific time so it would have to be late night, after 9 pm PT (12 midnight ET). If you're in Australia, that's 4 pm the following afternoon. If you are interested, please let me know by sending me a PM. Setting will be determined once I have enough players. I'm looking for 4-5, maybe 6 dedicated people. A little bit about me: I'm an experienced DM who's been playing AD&D since the late 1970s. I started DMing in the 1980s, first under 1st edition, then later mainly under 2nd edition. My campaigns tend to last for a pretty long time. For instance, my weekly Sunday game began in 2003 and it's still ongoing. If you like long games, here's your chance to get in on one. Thanks. You had me at Saturday night and then lost me at text only. Just in case you didn't know, your data allotment includes your campaign text and backlog so you will eventually have to delete it.&nbsp; PS. &nbsp;As a Pro User, my data allotment is a little under 2000 MB. &nbsp;I currently use less than 0.005% of that amount. &nbsp;I don't think I'll have to worry about running out of space for a very long time.
I need one more player based on the folks who've expressed interest so far. &nbsp;Game will probably begin on 12/9/16. &nbsp;If you have any questions, ask away or send me a PM. &nbsp;Thanks! &nbsp;I'll set up the forum later today or tonight.

Edited 1480725669
Gold
Forum Champion
Stan & everyone,&nbsp; Please reply to Stan if you are interested. Please try to keep the number of replies limited in this thread. Every message sends a Notification to the membership of the group, that's 200 people getting every message here. &nbsp;Use this thread for the announcement and game pitch. &nbsp;For further discussion please contact Stan directly. Stan if you need to update the details you can Edit the 1st post.