Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Roll20 Screenshots Allowed?

Are screenshots from Roll20 games allowed to be posted here? I ask because screenshots are not specifically mentioned in the forum description. However, historically there have been many Roll20 users who used the forums to display examples of their Roll20 creations.
Yes.* * i am not a roll20 mod...

Edited 1480724200
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Posting screenshots of your game to help show off your packs from the Marketplace is fine for approved marketplace creators to posts here, or in other forums by all users if needed to better show your question. Posting screenshots of tiles or tokens is not allowed, unless you are an approved Marketplace creator. Many of the artist here post an image or two of their work in their posts (sometimes with a watermark also) when the set goes live.
Well, what I'm referring to is not to showcase artwork, but rather just screenshots from an active campaign you have going in Roll20. For example, I recall several months ago where someone posted a screenshot of how they had used dynamic lighting in a creative way in their campaign, and invited others to do the same. This led to many people posting screenshots from their own campaigns which also incorporate dynamic lighting. Or, as another example, I frequently take screenshots of the gameplay while running my own Roll20 games. I later post those screenshots in my campaign's forum, for my players to refer back to as a journal or record of their adventures. Would screenshots of the above nature be acceptable content for this forum?

Edited 1480734627
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
This is the&nbsp; official word about posting to the Marketplace & Creative Content forum. As this is the final word on this matter (unless a dev says otherwise) I will be closing this thread. If you have a question or need a more detail explaination, please email the devs at <a href="mailto:Team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">Team@roll20.net</a>. Per the roll20 devs: Only Approved Marketplace Creators Can Share Art in this Forum. If you’re interested in selling your work on the Roll20 Marketplace, please check out our Become A Creator page. The Roll20 Marketplace & Creative Content forum is meant to serve as a place for Creators to share their new Marketplace releases, ask for feedback, and collaborate. Please do not post about upcoming releases on the forums. Only content that’s already released on the Roll20 Marketplace should be discussed. While Approved Creators are welcome to share links to their released Marketplace content, please do not post links to any off-site sales. Posting screenshots of tiles or tokens is not allowed in this forum, unless you are an Approved Marketplace Creator. Approved Creators can posting screenshots of their art from the Virtual Tabletop to help show off live packs on the Marketplace. Only links to Roll20 Specific Live Streaming, Video, or Podcast Content can be shared in this forum. Anything deemed Off-Topic by our moderators will be removed.