Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Advanced Sheet - Macros suddenly black out all previous Macro based rolls and sheet roll functions no longer work at all

In the middle of our session, one of my players got pretty frustrated when the button to roll for spell-craft no longer worked. He then discovered that NO sheet macros worked anymore. This turned out to be the case for all of us. Upon attempting to roll anything from the sheet, the chat log would instantly black out all rolls made from the sheet, into little black bars, and we couldn't use any of our sheet functions. I had to switch to a different pathfinder sheet (the simple one), and switch back as well as delete the entire chat log to fix the issue. It is fixed now, but I thought it was worth reporting.

Edited 1480898123
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
For some reason the chat log sometimes exhibits the issues you've described.  Clearing the chat archive seems to be the normal fix.  I wouldn't recommend switching sheets.  That could cause some conflicts between like-named attributes and sheet calculations.  This seems to be a non-sheet-specific issue as well.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
It's as Vince says. A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by Clearing the game's Chat Archive (note: not Clearing your Current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
if you have the log still, whatever roll was performed JUST BEFORE the first one that stopped working would help us figure out what went wrong. This can happen with ill-formed macro text.  You shouldn't have had to switch sheets though. (not that anything bad would happen). Just clear entire chat log from outside the game.
chris b. said: if you have the log still, whatever roll was performed JUST BEFORE the first one that stopped working would help us figure out what went wrong. This can happen with ill-formed macro text.  You shouldn't have had to switch sheets though. (not that anything bad would happen). Just clear entire chat log from outside the game. As stated, I obviously already made use of the apparent fix. Zunami said: In the middle of our session, one of my players got pretty frustrated when the button to roll for spell-craft no longer worked. He then discovered that NO sheet macros worked anymore. This turned out to be the case for all of us. Upon attempting to roll anything from the sheet, the chat log would instantly black out all rolls made from the sheet, into little black bars, and we couldn't use any of our sheet functions. I had to switch to a different pathfinder sheet (the simple one), and switch back as well as delete the entire chat log to fix the issue. It is fixed now, but I thought it was worth reporting. So unfortunately, I don't have any logs from the game anymore. The macro that was used before the sheet encountered the issue was a initiative roll based Macro. The player who wrote it has a long and proud tradition of breaking my games... He once broke one of my campaigns with a test-rice roll where he accidentally rolled so many dice my campaign crashed - so I'm frankly not surprised that this happened right after he used a Macro. Here is, what I believe, was the macro he used, but he deleted it when we were trying to troubleshoot, she he must have rewritten it, perhaps not identically (though honestly I think he would copy and paste it instead of re-writing it...). @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag} {{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Initiative}} {{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ {(0.01 * @{init}),0}kh1 ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}} @{init_options}{{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ {(0.01 * @{init}),0}kh1 ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}} @{init_options} Sheet switching to the Pathfinder (Simple) doesn't seem to have caused any issues what so ever. I'm fairly sure the sheets are compatible enough that you can switch back and forth. I'm honestly considering using the simple one instead, as I find the advanced sheet a bit too technical for my tastes - but I appreciate the great amount of detail that has gone into it. It's certainly one of the most complex sheets I've seen! A note to the sheet creators, if they read this post: Seeing as you think it's okay to leave an ad for a survey on your sheet, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to leave quick note on the sheet on how to fix this issue as well, I mean if you've crossed that bridge already, I don't see why not!

Edited 1480925099
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The player who wrote it has a long and proud tradition of breaking my games... Had to laugh at that. lol The INIT macro you posted has the "{{Check=...}}" portion of the code doubled up...  not sure how that would affect things. The default macro-text should be: @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag}{{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Initiative}} {{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ {(0.01 * @{init}),0}kh1 ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}} @{init_options} I would reccomend changing it back to the default or similar. This issue is not specific to any sheet.  Sadly, there have been MANY posts in the Bug Reports and Technical Issues forum about chat becoming corrupted.  Chat doesn't work Chat not responding Chat bar has crashed Chat not working ...
Vince said: The INIT macro you posted has the "{{Check=...}}" portion of the code doubled up...  not sure how that would affect things. The default macro-text should be: @{PC-whisper} &{template:pf_generic} @{toggle_accessible_flag} @{toggle_rounded_flag}{{color=@{rolltemplate_color}}} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_generic}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{subtitle}} {{name=Initiative}} {{check=[[ (1d20 + [[ @{init} ]][init] + [[ {(0.01 * @{init}),0}kh1 ]][tie-breaker]) &{tracker} ]]}} @{init_options} I would reccomend changing it back to the default or similar. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at reading/understanding script and code, so I'll just have to copy-paste that and give it to the one who wrote it. I'm also not sure if it's exactly the same code, I'll ask him again if he thinks he can reproduce it, so I can post it here for review. Fortunately, the chat log is completely irrelevant and unimportant to my campaign, so I couldn't care less if I have to clear it again. This issue is not specific to any sheet.  Sadly, there have been MANY posts in the Bug Reports and Technical Issues forum about chat becoming corrupted.  Chat doesn't work Chat not responding Chat bar has crashed Chat not working ... I see, my bad for assuming otherwise. It did sound a bit like you (as in, the people responding to this thread) were acknowledging it as a sheet-specific bug, but I see that I was mistaken. I guess it's just one of those occurring problems you eventually learn to work around.

Edited 1480987403
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sheet authors have been known to be rather "defensive" at times.  ;-)