Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Interest Check] D&D 5e set is the world of Azeroth (World of Warcraft)

Just seeing who would be interested in playing a game set in Azeroth (World of Warcraft) In particular I will be looking for players who have not played WoW or very little, because you know, spoilers and what not :)
I haven't played since WoLK and this sounds interesting. When would you be running?
I have played WoW, but would still be interested.
I will be running it either Friday or Saturday night (Mountain Time - MT) Patrick - How much have you played? I plan on taking some of the main quest lines from the game, hence why I am looking for players with little to no wow experience.
Im interested, i basically played the turtorial of WoW and thats it.
Perfect. I will let you know when I have it ready to go. 
Saturdays I couldn't do but Fridays are a definite possibility, depending on time
Sounds good just let me know when youre starting
Hopping into WoW again would be a lot of fun, haven't played since Wrath either.  Same as Jendi, I would be unable to do Saturdays, but I'm free Fridays.
Jendi and zy - what faction did you play alliance or horde? Also how much of the lore do you know?

Edited 1480961964
I've played both.  And I honestly never got much into the lore.  I couldn't tell you the backstory of any one NPC or place or race or anything haha.  It's been a while and my memory isn't all that great.  There might be something that comes up that might have some familiarity to it but I never was someone who lived and breathed WoW really. If it tells you anything, I used to play with my son when he was about 4 years old and we'd use things like collection quests as math lessons for him.  He's 16 now XD
Omg are you a teacher?! Learning math through wow sounds like a great idea :p perfect, I'm just looking for people who do not know everything about the story. 

Edited 1480969355
Played both, but never really paid attention to the story since I played Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.  I didn't care much for MMO's story in my younger days.  That's a pretty cool way to teach math.  I think the only thing I really remember, Lore-wise, from WoW is Orc Jesus and that is only by people calling him that.  I don't know if I've ever actually heard his backstory.
Haha not a teacher, just a mom who loves games. He DMs two 5e games himself now, btw so I feel confident that I raised him right ;-)
If there is still room I'll like to join. I"ve played wow, mostly alliance, and I never got into the lore
I haven't started forming a group yet. I'm still quite far off from starting this is more to get a gauge if people will actually play if I create it. Once it's ready to go this will be the first place I come to for players
Just going to give this a little bump to see if anyone else would be interested :)
Seems interesting enough, I have only touched WoW when it was in its infancy, and a bit into burning crusade. Then there was a one hour session when legion came out (because fuck yeah they finally touched up on the burning legion). As for how you'd translate it into 5e, there could be some issues when it comes to encounters and daily resources.&nbsp; Other than that, Saturdays evenings after 6pm PST are good to go for me. And if possible I'd be really digging a goblin/gnome alchemist type utilizing a homebrew addition to 5e (I've had a player test it in one of my games, it's reasonably well balanced and offers much to a group)&nbsp; <a href="http://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/14281238008" rel="nofollow">http://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/14281238008</a>...
Awesome. When the time comes to it we can take a look at the alchemist homebrew. As I am a newer DM I don't want to add to much new stuff into the game. Also I am going to already have alchemy as a profession in the game.&nbsp; im defiantly looking for a gnome in the party as it will gives more of an incentive to go to gnomergan :) it sounds like Saturdays work best for people so it will be likely we play that day.
Aww that means I'm out then :( &nbsp;Good luck
Well nothing is certain yet. So don't count yourself out yet :)
Just going to bump this up again. progress is being made, I want to make sure I have a couple zones ready to go before the game starts. I have one some complete so far working on the second and the first instance. once again just seeing if anyone else is interested.
I'm interested depending on the game day.&nbsp;
At this time I'm either thinking Friday or Saturday night. Mountain time&nbsp;
im just wonderng how things are coming. and is there anything we can do to help you with worldbuilding?
I'm interested but I do have quite a hefty WoW experience and lore baggage. With that being said I have played very little of the 1-60 questing experience as I mostly did dungeons and always skipped the text boxes for the quests. I know the dungeons pretty well though (except BRD, after years of playing I still get lost in that damned place).
Hey Guys, Sorry for not giving an update. Things were going well and I was getting some solid progress. However work has become a priority in my live at them moment. There is a possible job opportunity coming up at the end of the month so I have been putting in extra hours and work and haven't had much time to work on the game. With that being said, I have temporarily put this project on hold for an undetermined period of time. If I do get this new job I will be working more hours in a week and they will be sporadic from week to week. I don't want to start the game in till I know I have time to commit to it. Whenever I get back around to this I will inform you all :) If anyone else wants to take up the reigns and give it a go I'm more then happy to give you a hand and share the resources I was planning on using. I personally would love to play a game set in Azeroth.