Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help with drop-down macros

Edited 1480901829
Corey
Plus
Hello fellow Gamers! I love the idea of drop-down choices in macros. It's a great way for my dwarven ranger of Gorum to use 1 macro for any melee weapon attack, as opposed to having like 14 different macros!). So I found this example in the Wiki: ... + ?{Sneak Attack?| No, [[0]] |Yes,[[3d6]] } + ?{Power Attack? | No, [[0]] | Yes, [[6]] } and have extrapolated this into the following in my attack roll (showing only part of it for the purposes of my question): AC [[d20+14+?{Favored | None, [[0]] | Goblin, [[2]] | Dragon, [[4]] | Giant, [[6]] }]] which seems to work fine, but the trouble I am having is that I cannot correctly refer back to that chosen value when I get to the damage portion of my roll... to simplify say it's my dwarven waraxe (again showing only a portion): for [[d10+?{Favored}]] damage Should this not accurately refer back to that chosen value from "Favored" the first time around? Am I missing something simple? Or is it not possible? If I have to set up the drop down each time (ie, for attack and for damage), it's really not worth it and I may as well just type in the value the first time then refer back to it normally. thank you in advance for any help, and happy gaming! - Corey
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Roll Queries named with a trailing space behave strangely. Try this out: AC [[ d20 + 14 + ?{Favored|None, 0|Goblin, 2|Dragon, 4|Giant, 6} ]] for [[ d10 + ?{Favored} ]] damage
Well that did it! I figured it was something simple I was missing. Thank you!