Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Delay in gameplay

Not exactly a bug, but I've noticed a lag when playing in a game with about 4-5 players that doesn't happen when it's just me.  In the middle of combat, a monster takes damage, and I click on the token, click on the bubble for bar 1, enter the amount (say "-5"), and when I hit enter, I get the pinwheel of death for sometimes 10-12 seconds before I can do anything. I'm running the latest version of Firefox on a 2011 Mac mini with El Capitan, and we're using the D&D 5e Shaped sheet (from one click install, not as a custom sheet). Any ideas what might be causing this?  I get no delay at all when it's just me, or even when I've got one other person in the game.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Try playing with antivirus and extensions disabled; either are common sources of lag.