Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e OGL] monster template macro unneeded, delete or not?

New to this and was hard for me to do a search to the question, so bare with me. I was wondering when creating a template for your monster and then you drag and drop mob to auto fill it good. The question on the editing the atk traits and etc, do you really need to delete the excess one you don't need or can you just keep them and not show bar? example skip the multi attack. Here i have atk1, atk2, atk3 now the mob only has 2 attack so is there a difference in deleting the atk3 or is it just faster to just say don't show bar? 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Hi, Daniel leb , which Character Sheet are you using?

Edited 1481120088
OGL20 creating a template for monsters they have atks sometimes 1 or 2. If you don't show the macro for 2 if the onl have one is it going to do something to the info sheet in the long run? Also running into little  bit problem adding atks to the monster. btw using roll20 base one where you can drag and drop the info to make most auto fill process. 

Edited 1481178434
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Daniel leb said: If you don't show the macro for 2 if the onl have one is it going to do something to the info sheet in the long run? Refraining from using macros on an NPC Sheet will not cause that Character Sheet to experience technical issues. Does this answer your question?
yes it does i just keep seeing on the youtube channels saying the delete them all not used, i figured it be easier just click the box just incase you want to reedit it. plus it faster and i'm lazy LOL. Now i'll work on reedit a mob to make it stronger to try something new LOL. Thanks for the info.
ok seem to get that going, but  now confused about the spells. I have caster with spells and it not showing the spells in a location like action, and legendary. so can't figure how to check spells and edit them. using the same setup. After i drag and drop it shows the spells in a casting area and shows the spells as a text, but show it as if you can cast them. working on a basic Druid monster.
grr didn't  see he spellcasting npc box grr nvm