Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A way to roll in Exalted without using API Scripts (Counting certain successes twice)

Edited 1481129205
Pinmissile
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So, I started looking around for a solution on how to create a macro that rolls a dice and counts any value inbetween 7 and 9 as a success, and 10s as two successes, and then tallies it all up without using API scripts. A solution already exists in the form of  this one using rollable tables, but it contains two flaws: It won't show the values of each individual roll, which becomes a problem when you use charms that let you reroll certain rolls. It's not particularly pretty. All you get is a bunch of 0s, 1s and 2s in the chat log. I've expanded a little on this idea by uploading an image of each side of the die and creating a macro that lets the user input the amount of dice rolled and what kind of doubles are in effect (Double 10s, double 9s and so fourth...). Essentially you just remake a dice. My solution is admittedly somewhat finicky to set up, and if you have a pro subscription you'd be better off using an API script, but the end result is a simple "One button" system that's easy to use and looks great.  The end result is as follows: Here's a guide on how to do this for yourselves. First you need to download  this pack of JPEG numbers, colored black for no success, green for 1 success and yellow for 2 successes. Second, you need to create four rollable tables, name them exactly as follows: Double10s Double9s Double8s Double7s NoDoubles Be sure to name them exactly  that, capitalizations and all, because we'll be making a macro later that specifically calls for those strings . Next, populate these tables with ten items each. This is the part that's a bit finicky. Name the item with the amount of successes it should have, leave the weight at 1 and upload the appropriate image from the pack you downloaded earlier. In a table where 10s count as doubles, the item representing a 10 should look like this: In the end, the tables should look like this: Finally, create a macro and put the following line in under actions: /roll ?{Number of dice?}t[?{What kind of doubles? |Double10s|Double9s|Double8s|Double7s|NoDoubles}] And you're done! Make sure that all your players can make use of the macro and tables. If you're getting the error message "No table found with that name!" , then you need to rename the tables to match what the macro is calling for. Enjoy!
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nice! It doesn't take Sidereal Astrology into account, but that's not published for third edition yet. Sidereals screw everything up. =P
Silvyre
Forum Champion
This is a great solution, thank you for sharing!
This works fantastically for me! Thank you!