Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Please add "Ubiquity" or HEX to game list.

There is a character sheet for HEX, but no mention of the game or the Ubiquity system in the drop-down list.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Here's a quote from a mod team member: Hello, GM's and Players of the game that you would like to see listed and find that game in Roll20. In the meantime, try to use the Matching Keywords field to make these games searchable. For any Shadow of the Demon Lord GM, what you want to do is include the keyword phrase "Shadow of the Demon Lord": in the TITLE of your game, and also in the 1st paragraph of the Description text, and also under Edit Tags on your My Games page of Roll20. For the GAME in the drop-down, use "Other Games". Then, the game will come up under "Find A Game" if the searcher types "Shadow of the Demon Lord" in the Matching Keywords field, like this: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/Shadow%20of%20th" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/search/Shadow%20of%20th</a>... In this way we can start to build a community of game listings around that game, and that is what usually leads to game titles being added on the drop-down list. Wiki docs for this, <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Looking_for_Group#Other_Ga" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Looking_for_Group#Other_Ga</a>... If you feel a game should be listed, encourage your community members to play and post often. The more community attention a title receives the more likely it is to be added to the list.
Carl T
Sheet Author
As the creator of the Hex sheet I have to agree! It's frustrating that many smaller games just get lumped into "other". It makes it hard to set expectations and describe what system is being played. Adding a keyword to a select menu shouldn't be a difficult thing to do. What's the policy behind what games get a "real" name in the game list?

Edited 1511721295
ZenBear said: However I am 100% positive that many of the games that have made the list have less (or zero) games being run than other systems that never make the list. Here's the current policy on "Other Games" making the cut... The games dropdown menu exist to help standardize the options available (example: 4E vs. 4th Edition vs. D&D4, etc). No matter how many games are listed, some may not make the cut. Games are added to the list periodically. This ensures obscure listings gain greater visibility when sorted via the Other Games&nbsp; option and helps keep away “empty” search listings for underrepresented titles. If you feel a game should be listed, encourage your community members to play and post often. The more community attention a title receives the more likely it is to be added to the list. The best way to get a game onto the list is to keep using its character sheet (if it has one) and marking your Other Games with the game's name in the description. B Simon Smith made some great suggestions above on how to get your "Other Games" system recognized. I include "Hollow Earth" in the title to all my games in addition to the following tags; HollowEarthExpedition, HollowEarth, HEX. " Games are added to the list periodically." @Mods : What is and when was the latest system added to a drop down list? And why not add to both lists at once, therefore eliminating the need to go back later and add it to the other list - character sheet list and games list. " The games dropdown menu exist to help standardize the options available" @Mods : Does roll20 gain monies from games/companies/distributors/et cetera for listing games in drop down menus? "However I am 100% positive that many of the games that have made the list have less (or zero) games being run than other systems that never make the list. " I wholeheartedly agree. "The best way to get a game onto the list is to keep using its character sheet (if it has one) and marking your Other Games with the game's name in the description. " @Mods : If I sign in to a game and constantly open and close a character sheet, does that increase the count?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
The games dropdown menu exists to help standardize the options available (example: 4E vs. 4th Edition vs. D&D4, etc). No matter how many games are listed, some may not make the cut. Games are added to the list periodically. This ensures obscure listings gain greater visibility when sorted via the Other Games option and helps keep away “empty” search listings for underrepresented titles. If you feel a game should be listed, encourage your community members to play and post often. The more community attention a title receives the more likely it is to be added to the list, but the Suggestions forum is not a viable route for getting a game on the games dropdown menu. I'll be closing this thread and releasing the votes.