Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Small rolling question

12p(2+1d3) 12 individual rolls of 1d3+2 What I can't figure out is how to get that on working roll20 short of using... /roll 1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2+1d3+2 ...which feels rather spammy. Is there a shortened rolling formula I can use? Forgive me if the answers' simple. I'm still rather new this.
I believe this is something that Eric is currently working on...but no, there's not currently a way to do "repeated" rolls aside from how you have it (at least not that I'm aware of). Stay tuned!
Cheers for the response. I guess I'll just have to live with it for now.
You could just do 12d3 and mentally add the +2 on to each result for now.
1359493793
Sam
Pro
Sheet Author
Why not do /r 12d3+2*12? Are multiplications allowed in rolls? If not then just add 24. 
Yes grouped rolls are on my list. I'm currently working on a full syntax design doc, especially now that we have TTF people coming in we want to make sure we don't miss something. It will take a few weeks before the new roll parser is in place but I promise you'll be happy :)
Will there be multilevel macro creation? For instance: Define RollAtt as sum(1d6,3); Define RollChar as set(RollAtt,6);
Yes you can have Macro A reference Macro B. You can also reference attributes from character sheets in macros.
1359526787
Gauss
Forum Champion
In order to have Macro A reference Macro B Macro B cannot have syntax that when tacked onto Macro A will cause Macro A to reject it. Examples:  The following will have an error: Macro A = /roll 1d20+#B Macro B = /roll 1d10 Result: /roll 1d20+/roll 1d10 which is rejected when tested The following will not have an error: Macro A = /roll 1d20+#B Macro B = 1d10 Result: /roll 1d20+1d10 which is accepted when tested - Gauss