Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Additional/Alternate LFG Sorting Options

Score + 12
Currently, the options for LFG are a little bit vague/misleading, specifically in regards to "Text only/Voice only/Video and voice".  Would it be possible to do a checkbox system instead of this? So if a player (such as myself) is looking for any game that contains voice, whether or not it has video, it would be easy to pare down.  Alternately, just adding additional options to the existing format could work. In addition, adding a field containing method of voice chat seems a useful feature, as some games use Discord, some Skype,etc.
I would particularly like to be able to sort by method-of-chat. I have no interest in installing the fad app of the week (which today seems to be something called "discord", but I am sure it will be something else by June).
I'd love to be able to sort the groups by "Looking for GM" and "Looking for Players", way to many "Looking for GM" postings its a pain to sift through them all
I think each of these suggestions might profit better by being in its own separate suggestions thread. * Checkbox for "Text only / Voice only / Video and voice" instead of a drop box. * Distinguish between "Looking for GM" from "Looking for Players" in "Looking for Group" functionality. * Add the ability to sort by intended voice program options.
sort between "paid only" / "free only" search for specific GM Not having the games randomly re-sort every time you go to the next page would be nice...
I agree with Merlin. I prefer a "check all that apply" option for Looking For Games. Such a system would be better for filtering out games that are not 18+. As a 34 year old I never wont to play with children, it's creepy for me and it's creepy for them.
I'd like to add to the discussion by adding a. "Maximum Amount of Players" and a "Player Slots Remaining" option to the LFG search. When i search for a game a lot of Gaming Groups pop up with 20+ players and me and a friend are looking for a game so any 1 slot remaining groups are basically uneccesary for me
Don't forget to vote be clicking the  Score + button at the uper right of this page.
Add new filters: Only find games that don't welcome new players. Show games with only Mature Content(18+) Only find games that are Pay to Play.