Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM LFP, Barbarians of Lemuria One Shot, Friday Dec 30th 7:00 PM EST (GMT -5), Skype for audio, no video, New Players Welcome

Painting above by Frank Frazetta In a time before recorded history, the world is a dark, savage place drenched in bloodshed and steeped in forbidden sorcery. In the north, the ancestors of the valley tribes stole the secrets to forging steel weapons from the inhuman masters of a bygone age. Now, the brutal painted howlers from the brooding hills of Skara Brae are being united by a new high Chief of Chiefs, Kharnavorix. He gathers his army in the shadow of the angry, fire spitting mountain. The bull was set ablaze, the newborn babes cast into the fire. The omens are right. When the last of the Howler clans have sworn their spears to his war, they will descend in their thousands on the valley tribes and drown them in blood. A grand moot is held. Each of the valley tribes will select one warrior from their numbers. Together, they will travel to shadow haunted Skara Brae and slay Kharnavorix, adding his own head to the skull mound before his war begins. Or they will meet their doom in the attempt. Hi, my name is Alex and I'm a 41 year old GM looking to run a one shot of my favorite Swords & Sorcery game, Barbarians of Lemuria . No prior knowledge or experience is needed with either the game system or the setting. The mechanics are very rules light (I've taught it multiple times and it's never taken anyone more than 5 minutes to grasp the mechanics). The setting is a home brew Swords & Sorcery world. All characters will begin play as members of barbaric warrior tribes. Note that this doesn't mean you must play a typical frenzied barbarian character (though that's certainly possible). You can still absolutely play a ranger/scout/thief/assassin/druid/shaman/what have you. Only that a tribal, barbaric spin be put on the character. For those in the know, I'll be using Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic edition  Once we have a count for the number of players (ideally at least 2 and no more than 5), we'll set up a time to do character creation as a group. Anyone with questions on the system, genre conventions, tropes and themes, or anything else really, is welcome to reach out. May all your enemies die screaming! PS: If this post seems familiar, it's because I ran the same one shot last year for the holidays. Returning players are welcome! PPS: Thanks to Natha for the new kick ass BoL character sheets in Roll20!
like to join in and play this one shot quest sounds fun never played swords and socery but I do play D@D so it not be hard to pick up on game play I sure.
Excellent. Welcome aboard Philip. One down.