Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Critical E Maps

Euphamia
Marketplace Creator
Greetings This is the design of Critical E Maps and i wanted to get some opinions from the people of Roll20.net.  Most of my maps I create are for my personal use in a game that i DM.  I love unfurnished maps so they can be reused and decorated in different ways.  Plus i set up all my maps to fit perfectly in a 26 by 26 map size within Roll20.net this also makes them easy to connect 2 or 4 maps together to make one large map in a 52 by 52 map. As I mentioned most of these maps were created because of a need within my own game.   But I have always wondered what everyone's opinion was on the maps and or suggestions.  Sometimes I have even made tokens and placed them in with my map packs as "extras"   I just recently released  Critical E Maps: Slums and  Critical E Maps: Slums & Markets .   My own game is in the processes of taking down a evil thief guild within a large city!   These maps are allot of help in my game and its turning out to be allot of fun!   Anyways hope to hear from you all! Critical E Maps
Honest opinion here; I like the design of your maps, they are very high quality, but the value isn't there for me. $1 a map seems like a lot when I am getting unfurnished areas where I need to do a lot of work to add in all the dressing. I would feel like it was a better deal if you included the bits and pieces to fill in the empty spaces. Four of five maps plus 20 to 30 furniture tokens would feel like a better bargain, or maybe ten maps with half completely dressed and half empty.  I think your sets would sell better if there were more stuff in a pack. I hope you find this criticism useful, because you have some good looking stuff and I hope you keep doing it.

Edited 1482340741
Euphamia
Marketplace Creator
I personally like unfurnished vs finished when it comes to maps because the more filled it is the less reusable i find them.  What if i cut the maps up to add more pieces to each pack,  all the maps the way they are plus like each building or section that can be pieced together?    I noticed allot of map makers that have some nice maps have one or two big maps then the small building blocks.  Some with and without furnishings and sometimes not as many maps as I try to offer.  And yes thanks for the honest opinion  ^_^   as long as no ones mean honest opinions that are productive are always good opineon even if i agree or dont agree.  ~nod nods~

Edited 1482340987
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Euphamia said: What if i cut the maps up to add more pieces to each pack,  all the maps the way they are plus like each building or section that can be pieced together?   That's a good idea! However, I would take care to ensure that each section is modular (can be cleanly connected to several other sections).
Euphamia said: What if i cut the maps up to add more pieces to each pack,  all the maps the way they are plus like each building or section that can be pieced together?    That would be a great addition. More value for my dollar is always better. 
Euphamia
Marketplace Creator
Yeah connecting the smaller bits and making them so they can fit together without strange lines is not easy.  It takes me around 4 hours to make the maps I do right now and cutting them up would add time but not much.   Trying to figure out how to make smaller bits that would fit together as part of that without adding a hole day of work though would be the question.   The biggest issue is the shadowing of the walls and the blending of roads,  dirt and grass wouldent work well with the cut out bits.   So they would stand out and look really bad.  The higher quality maps mean more things that dont work show through.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Euphamia said: Yeah connecting the smaller bits and making them so they can fit together without strange lines is not easy.  It takes me around 4 hours to make the maps I do right now and cutting them up would add time but not much.   Trying to figure out how to make smaller bits that would fit together as part of that without adding a hole day of work though would be the question.   The biggest issue is the shadowing of the walls and the blending of roads,  dirt and grass wouldent work well with the cut out bits.   So they would stand out and look really bad.  The higher quality maps mean more things that dont work show through. I think you have some amazing designs and concept. Having the unfinished rooms are great too because your right you can add so much to it. Though I would really like to see more maps for each set. If cutting the map up is to much time, include a few more maps, even doubling your maps mean more to get. Another option would be to make custom buildings on a plan background layer to expand your options. Think of it more like legos, where you can place things down and play. But that aside, your work is fantastic. Keep it up and look forward to seeing more of it.