Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map Release: Celestial Puzzles

Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
For the winter solstice, with all the stars bright and clear, I bring you dungeons of puzzles to close out the year, Those already crafted, and those still unwrought Pieces and elements, fragments of thought... Themed as the cosmos, and made to perplex Build locks, puzzles and stories from quick to complex! ...I don't know why that happened in poetry. Perhaps I am feeling festive. The latest pack in the Dungeon-o-Matic series, Celestial Puzzles , is a little bit different from the normal content. While there are 3 "pre-made" puzzles already set up for your use, this set is designed with the "advanced" DM in mind, who really wants a powerful toolset that will let her create exactly the sort of brain teaser she intends. There are lit and unlit versions of multiple paths to build magic locks, reflective crystals and spinning disk puzzles. Of course, it will still work with every other Dungeon-o-Matic pack you already own, so it's easy to plug an extra time sink or trap into a dungeon you've already made! All of these elements are built on classic themes from the cosmos and astrology, and come with polished illustrations of more than 20 constellations that evoke common storytelling archetypes, from the stag and the wolf, to a ship and a serpent, or frost and wheat. All so you can have the weathered sage spin your players a yarn in the tavern one night, and the next, they find some familiar shapes in what they thought was a simple dungeon. But did they remember the myths correctly? I hope they were paying attention...    
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I really love zodiac signs, and this makes me feel really good to see them on the marketplace. I could see these also being used for representation of gods or spirits tokens. Just an idea. Kool to see another one of your amazing artworks.
Russ H.
Marketplace Creator
Best constellation? ...the badger of course! :D
Vanderforge
Marketplace Creator
This is pretty great, I love seeing content geared towards the creative!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Wow, super impressive!!
Three puzzles you said, I am only quite understanding one, the one where you connect the dots to form a constelation. How do the other two work?
Badger
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the kind words, guys! Devlin: The three puzzles are a "twist the three wheels to make the picture" puzzle, the light the constellation puzzle you mentioned, and the third I thought of as a "choose the right constellation floor tiles to open the door after the dm spins some appropriate lore" simpler sort of "puzzle". The Readme explains how to set up the circle twist puzzle specifically! Hope that helps.