Hey guys, I'm preparing a Fragged Empire campaign that will be starting some time in the new year. I have been GMing for around 4 years now and I'm noticing a trend with my story telling (Or lack there of). The problem is I try to do too much and so my players just tend to loose the story and get bored. Its an issue I'm really trying to work on and with this next story I want to try to plan out the campaign better that way I dont loose the story myself an the players can get the most out of it as they can. So... I need some help. First of all, the setting is something I haven't really done before: SPACE!!! (For those of you (Probably most) the universe of Fragged empire is a post post (Yes it is Post Post) apocalyptic setting where the main races of that make up this star system are picking up the pieces of a universe that was ravaged with war so bad that most of them are only just recently returning to the stars. Now with a universe of mostly ruins with civilizations only just starting to crop up the controlling factions are starting not only expand back into the stars but each race is attempting to solidify its place in the new order of things.) Secondly, I need help making an actual outline and possibly some help sticking to it. So here is the plan so far: We are actually planning TWO campaigns and here is why: We (Me or anyone in my group) haven't played this system before. And we want to run a short (2-5 session) campaign to get used to how it plays before starting another long term campaign. For the shorter on I kinda already have a plan, so here it is: The characters (pre-genned lvl 3) start out in a small space port just on the outer edges of the Lucent system (the actual locations are not really that important right now. (I dont think.)). Where they are contacted by a former member of the Corp named Theo who has inside information about a pending attack on Ier Staion. (A terraforming station working on making habitable a planet in a nearby system) If asked, Theo used to work for the company that is looking to take ownership of that planet by any means necessary. To do this they have been working on a prototype stealth missile capable of slipping through the stations shields by folding the localized space around it without being detected by radar. The job they are offered is to deliver a custom made shield generator that will disable to bomb before it can detonate. However as he is unable to deliver it himself (for reasons??) He is now looking to you to deliver it for him. If they players pry (and roll well) they can learn that Theo knows so much because (shocker) He was on the research team that developed the missile and so was able to crate a focused EM shield that will disrupt the missile before it can enter the base's field. Should the players not be interested in saving lives Theo is willing to offer them lost of money. Now is where things get fuzzy for me. The players take the job and dock in the station.... now what? What happens to make them have to test the system? If they have some sort of credentials it shouldn't be a problem to deliver the shield. Or do they need to figure out a way to get those cred's, I.E. getting a delivery crew drunk and stealing their ship, or just hijacking one alone the way? what sort of troubles could befall them without me over saturating this short campaign? Oh, for those interested, no the shield generator doesn't work, it never did. They were delivering a bomb the hold time, and the actual campaign starts with they scanning the news about a terrorist group destroying a terraforming station. They next problem is I don't really know how to get from that point to the end. that campaign eventually leads them to learnt hat the terraforming station was owned by a group call The Brotherhood of the Nine who had discovered that the planet was the long lost (at this point mythical) earth. As well as the suspected resting place of X'ion (The last of a powerful race that caused the war before vanishing, leaving the nephilim (The race he created) without a leader or purpose.) Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, if you have Any ideas, please let me know. Sorry for the super long post. ~V