Advertisement Create a free account

Jukebox randomly stops playing

1483274393
Only seems to affect chrome players (we're all on windows 7 or 10), but when a track is played for some unknown amount of time (usually around 10 minutes), then it stops playing for whoever's listening. From what I heard, the time varied between people listening before it stops, but it works again if you refresh. I remember a bug like this was happening with soundcloud almost half a year ago, but it went away. Now it's back for some reason. This is fanburst, by the way. I don't know how much it matters, but the songs are all part of a playlist, but are being played directly/individually.
1483384168

Edited 1483407147
I have this happen all the time, only it takes about 2hours. The jukebox Now Playing still says the file is playing but I don't hear. Sound files in question are all Fanburst but not all are in playlist. When it happened in game the other players could still hear. I don't get the issue with Firefox. Still gathering data for troubleshooting and bug report. I've gone through the troubleshooting steps and even looked at the console log (there are lots of errors around the loading of Fanburst files in Chrome - I'll post a console log soon but I want to see if Tabletop Audio or Incompetech tracks behave the same way). Update: Using an old version of Chrome (49.0.2623.112 m) on my Vista platform, there is no problem with the sound file that definitely gave me problem in&nbsp;Version 55.0.2883.87 m (Windows 10). Version 55 however did not see the problem with an Incompetech track, although the Console log kept giving this error (the track would play): GET <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.roll20.net/incompetech/The%20Complex.mp3" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.roll20.net/incompetech/The%20Complex.mp3</a> net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET The%20Complex.mp3:1
1483398773
Clown (Stormforge Production)
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Alo happened to me and my friend, while we used the table jukebox while playing Heroes of Might and Magic, cuz the music in that game, is horribly loud. Well the music stops after a long time but stay in the ''play'' status.
1483465048
Update2: Running the jukebox in Chrome Ver 55, Tabletop Audio did not give problem even after 6 hours of looping. Log had no errors. Fanburst track, however, went silent after about an hour (jukebox indicated was still playing) and Console log gave these errors (I just included the last two but the first one was repeated many times): GET <a href="https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=ef930bac-bc2d-463" rel="nofollow">https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=ef930bac-bc2d-463</a>... net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH dl-a-82.fanburst.com/:1 GET <a href="https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=ef930bac-bc2d-463" rel="nofollow">https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=ef930bac-bc2d-463</a>... 500 (Internal Server Error) It looks to me that the latest version of Chrome has a problem with Fanburst tracks. Devs?
1483473847
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Same problem here. Tracks show up like playing for a long time but no sound is heard.
1483478039
Same problem here
1483562031
Kristin C.
Roll20 Team
I did some preliminary tests on my end using the same version of Chrome&nbsp;55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit) and I tested one Fanburst track which ran on loop for over three hours today without a stop in playback (I think that tune is now burnt into my grey matter now). This suggests to me that this isn't an issue specifically to a particular Chrome version unless there's some inconsistency with the 32/62-bit builds. Does it require a reload of the tab to get the track back or can the GM stop and re-play the track to get it running again? It could be a bandwidth issue too. What's your average download rate?&nbsp;If you don’t already know them, you can take a bandwidth speed test from OOKLA’s <a href="http://www.speedtest.net/" rel="nofollow">http://www.speedtest.net/</a> (Note: Adobe Flash is required to run the applet). Once the applet loads on the home page, click the button “Begin Test”. The test will then begin to run. This process can take a couple minutes to complete. Once it’s finished, it’ll give you your download and upload rate in megabits per second (Mbps). You will want to run this test in the principle environment you normally play your games on Roll20 and have a Roll20 game currently open with a track playing.
1483567824
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Download-speed:83,75 mb/s Upload-speed:95,60 mb/s
1483592162

Edited 1483781488
Yes, this does require you to reload the tab. Stopping it and replaying does not fix it.&nbsp; Edit: I don't know if chrome updated recently or something but I am no longer having this issue. I have been able to loop songs for a couple hours at a time now without issue. Edit 2: Nevermind. After about an hour or two in, the music stopped again, same symptoms. I don't know why it was working yesterday fine in multiple campaigns.
1483728491
My results below, 64 bit Chrome; PING 3 MS DOWNLOAD 27.08 MBPS UPLOAD 6.82 MBPS
1483818112
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Still having problem with this issue. Takes about 2 hours of gametime before it surfaces.
1483945855

Edited 1484000246
Kristin C. said: I did some preliminary tests on my end using the same version of Chrome&nbsp;55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit) and I tested one Fanburst track which ran on loop for over three hours today without a stop in playback (I think that tune is now burnt into my grey matter now). This suggests to me that this isn't an issue specifically to a particular Chrome version unless there's some inconsistency with the 32/62-bit builds. Does it require a reload of the tab to get the track back or can the GM stop and re-play the track to get it running again? It could be a bandwidth issue too. What's your average download rate?&nbsp;If you don’t already know them, you can take a bandwidth speed test from OOKLA’s <a href="http://www.speedtest.net/" rel="nofollow">http://www.speedtest.net/</a> (Note: Adobe Flash is required to run the applet). Once the applet loads on the home page, click the button “Begin Test”. The test will then begin to run. This process can take a couple minutes to complete. Once it’s finished, it’ll give you your download and upload rate in megabits per second (Mbps). You will want to run this test in the principle environment you normally play your games on Roll20 and have a Roll20 game currently open with a track playing. I've been using the same version (64-bit as well) and it consistently stops playing randomly. playing directly on Fanburst itself and putting it on loop does not have any of these problems, I've tried with a couple alternatives for streaming and it doesn't seem to be an issue on those sites. It seems this issue is exclusive to repeating songs in the jukebox from fanburst on a loop. I've got other players experiencing this and they are using chrome as well. Firefox users in our games appear to be unaffected so far. Could a little more digging be done to find the source of the issue? I'm looking as best I can into the problem as well with no anwsers so far. Nobody here seems to have found a solution either. Edit:&nbsp;Turning the song from the jukebox itself on and off does not restart the music for the record, only refreshing the page restarts the music.
1483996929
Erickson
KS Backer
I have the same problem, as recently as last night (1/8/2017); I found this post while searching for a solution. After playing a single Fanburst track on loop ( this one ) for about 2 hours, it stops making sound, even though the jukebox says it is still playing. Stopping and restarting the track doesn't fix it, and it stops playing for all my players, though at slightly different times. I've personally experienced this on two different computers, and all of my players have as well; so we've seen this on at least 7 total systems, all of which were windows 7 or 10, running Chrome. My initial thought was that there was some sort of bandwidth cap from Fanburst or something, but based on what I'm reading here, that doesn't sound like the case. Devs: I'd love to get this resolved, and I can reliably recreate this problem every single time, so if there's anything I can do to provide debugging data to assist, please let me know.
1484177303
I'm having this problem as well: whenever I play a song from Fanburst, after the song has played through once it will not start again, whether in a loop or just trying to play it. The UI shows it as playing in the jukebox, but there is no sound; the GM reloading the tab seems to fix the issue temporarily, but at present I effectively cannot play songs on loop.&nbsp; This happens consistently and has been for a few weeks running, so if there are debug logs of some description you need from someone who can reproduce the error, I should be able to help.
1484403255

Edited 1484403401
Silvyre
Forum Champion
From other threads: Arxidamos said: Me and my friends had an issue on our last 2-3 games with the jukebox. At random times (while we all were on the same page) the jukebox music was stopping for some people and when the GM tried to restart the playlist, we (the players) could hear the music and he couldn't. After a second restart of the playlist we could all hear the music again, but the same problem happened a few times the same night. Note: when the music had stopped i checked the jukebox and it said that it wasn't playing any music (it's not that it shows me the track but i can't hear it) but the GM and another player could hear it and the jukebox was working fine, also we all using Firefox Silveressa said: I noticed this week a new bug with the audio streaming, when playing a track on loop (it doesn't matter from which source, Fanburst, Battlebards, etc) after it's been streaming for only a few minutes (maybe around 10 mins?) the audio stops looping for that track and won't play audio for any other track until I refresh my R20 tab. Edit: After asking some of my players, they have indicated the audio ceases looping for them as well after roughly the same period of time, and only resumes after they refresh the page so this issue is not just isolated to the GM side of the screen.
1484548329
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Game yesterday: (5 players, 1 GM) Table Top Audio worked but we still experience problems with Fanburst as certain sounds stopped playing for everyone after roughly two hours though they appear to be playing in the jukebox window. When updating the window the silent sounds reappear and starts playing again.&nbsp;
1484774023
Kristin C.
Roll20 Team
Hey, everyone. We've been able to catch a case of this happening on our end. Looks like it could an issue with the Fanburst API. We got a ticket running for this issue and we'll do some digging to try and figure out what is happening.
1484791388
That's great news that you were able to catch it. Hopefully they can sort out the issue because it's getting increasingly prevalent.&nbsp;
1484832601
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Kristin C. said: Hey, everyone. We've been able to catch a case of this happening on our end. Looks like it could an issue with the Fanburst API. We got a ticket running for this issue and we'll do some digging to try and figure out what is happening. Excellent news Kristin.
1485385118
I'm still either having the audio stop or just can't hear it in my end, but players can. Doesn't matter the source of music. Even refreshing didn't restart the music. And yes I checked that master volume is turned up :)
1485672173
Euphamia
Marketplace Creator
Yeah this has been happening to me for the past month or so. &nbsp; My game is tomorrow and was testing my music and, like always, &nbsp;it stopped. &nbsp; Only way to fix it is to reload it. &nbsp; &nbsp;Was hopping it would be fixed sooner then this but looks like if its fanburst issue. &nbsp;well they might not give a flying ... &nbsp; Anyways. &nbsp;Kind of wish you never changed the music system even thought the add on musics are nice, &nbsp;custom music is always better. Please fix or send some orcs down to the fanburst offices and cause some Critical troble!
1485749350

Edited 1485749412
Euphamia said: Was hopping it would be fixed sooner then this but looks like if its fanburst issue. &nbsp;well they might not give a flying ... &nbsp; This problem is happening in my group with Battlebards, Incompotech, and Tabletop Audio tracks as well so it's not a Fanburst problem. I read in another thread about this problem that it is an issue with Google Chrome? (All my players and myself use Chrome so maybe?) Either way it is quite frustrating and hopefully will be fixed soon.
1485752786
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Silveressa said: Either way it is quite frustrating and hopefully will be fixed soon. I agree. Any news on this issue?
This has been happening to me too. My players have also been reporting the jukebox stopping at random intervals but everything fixes temporarily once they refresh the page. My browser is chrome.
1485819194
Erickson
KS Backer
Following up as well - this has actually gotten worse for me. I haven't tested it with other audio sources (players have been in the same mega-dungeon for the past month or so), but it's at a point now where the music drops off for me and most of my players in under an hour. Definitely the biggest/most prevalent bug I've encountered in Roll20 to date. I'd love &nbsp;to see this taken care of so I can start making better use of the jukebox.
I discovered useful workaround for this problem tonight: When running my usual game I &nbsp;had both music and ambient sound effects streaming. Even though the ambient sound effect cut out after around 20 mins, the music continued to loop seamlessly for over 6 hours. Basically queue up 2 tracks and turn the volume of the second one to zero, the first track should continue playing without glitching. (Not sure if this works 100% given I haven't had time to test it beyond my session tonight, but even if it's not a fix, hopefully what I experienced will be useful info for whoever is working on the fix?)
1486222725

Edited 1486227846
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Silveressa said: I discovered useful workaround for this problem tonight: When running my usual game I &nbsp;had both music and ambient sound effects streaming. Even though the ambient sound effect cut out after around 20 mins, the music continued to loop seamlessly for over 6 hours. Basically queue up 2 tracks and turn the volume of the second one to zero, the first track should continue playing without glitching. (Not sure if this works 100% given I haven't had time to test it beyond my session tonight, but even if it's not a fix, hopefully what I experienced will be useful info for whoever is working on the fix?) Will try this tonight. Thanks for the tip. Edit: Didn't work for me sadly. The jukebox stops working just as before.
1486235453
Erickson
KS Backer
Edit: Didn't work for me sadly. The jukebox stops working just as before. Seconded. I tried this trick last night and it didn't work for me.
1486818448

Edited 1486818559
Sky
Pro
Also having this problem. Latest Chrome, cache cleared, no addons active. Reloading the tab is the only way to clear the issue. This was happening with short two to four second soundfx from Battlebards.
1486855302
Sky
Pro
Savage Beast Bite - Cloth (BattleBards). Locked up. No errors in console log until I hit the stop button in the jukebox: Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause().
1486874364
Ed S.
Plus
I had this happen a bunch of times today.&nbsp;
1486953436
Happened today in my game; at first thought it may be a problem of overlaying multiple tracks - but no, even with one track it'll stop playing, and you cannot get other things to play afterwards. It's rather rough. Ruined the ambience of my sea encounter :c
1486959962
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Immoral Aria said: Happened today in my game; at first thought it may be a problem of overlaying multiple tracks - but no, even with one track it'll stop playing, and you cannot get other things to play afterwards. It's rather rough. Ruined the ambience of my sea encounter :c Only way out is to reload the tab. Annoying to say the least. I still cling to the hope that we will get an update on this issue.
It happened to me too, 3 times at least with 2 fanburst tracks :/
1487197362
This has been happening to me constantly when I am running games, but the others in the group say they still hear the music.
1487286391
Ravenknight said: Immoral Aria said: Happened today in my game; at first thought it may be a problem of overlaying multiple tracks - but no, even with one track it'll stop playing, and you cannot get other things to play afterwards. It's rather rough. Ruined the ambience of my sea encounter :c Only way out is to reload the tab. Annoying to say the least. I still cling to the hope that we will get an update on this issue. Yeah but this really isn't viable if you have to take a pause in the middle of everything to fix it for everyone. Like it's just like *intense action* "Oh, jukebox broke, everyone reload", It really breaks any kind of immersion you've got going.
1487308874
Can we get a status update on the process of fixing this? It's been rather quiet and the problem seems to be getting progressively worse.
1487310293
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Immoral Aria said: Ravenknight said: Immoral Aria said: Happened today in my game; at first thought it may be a problem of overlaying multiple tracks - but no, even with one track it'll stop playing, and you cannot get other things to play afterwards. It's rather rough. Ruined the ambience of my sea encounter :c Only way out is to reload the tab. Annoying to say the least. I still cling to the hope that we will get an update on this issue. Yeah but this really isn't viable if you have to take a pause in the middle of everything to fix it for everyone. Like it's just like *intense action* "Oh, jukebox broke, everyone reload", It really breaks any kind of immersion you've got going. Yep, I know. It's a real mood-killer.
1487631342
We have been having this issue for at least a month now, with no news on it being fixed. Mood killer.
1487654285

Edited 1487654357
Use Firefox, Opera, or some other browser other than Google Chrome and you will not run into the issue, it's strictly a Google Chrome browser problem. (Since we all switched to Firefox for using R20 neither myself nor anyone in my group has encountered the problem, nor have others I've spoken with regarding this issue.) Granted it's not a fix by any stretch, but it is an effective work around until they do find a fix.
1487661645
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Silveressa said: Use Firefox, Opera, or some other browser other than Google Chrome and you will not run into the issue, it's strictly a Google Chrome browser problem. (Since we all switched to Firefox for using R20 neither myself nor anyone in my group has encountered the problem, nor have others I've spoken with regarding this issue.) Granted it's not a fix by any stretch, but it is an effective work around until they do find a fix. Sounds great. Still want an update on this issue though.&nbsp;
1487679130
Yes, I would like a fix for this sometime. I prefer not to use opera since it has some really odd compatibility issues with some sites I frequent and firefox is just overall slower in terms of performance for me :( especially considering how many windows and sheets I need open in my sessions
1487698243

Edited 1487698303
I only boot up Firefox when I play R20, otherwise I use Chrome for actual web browsing, no reason you have to stop using Chrome just because you installed a second browser. (I.e, use chrome for the windows and sheets, and Firefox for the actual R20 log in)
1487705525
Well, I meant primarily in roll20 across different sheets does the performance seem to tank (same with the players I'm with reporting the same issues), but performance issues aren't the point of this entire thread in the first place :P In the end, I'm just hoping there's something in the works. It's a bit of a bummer that this audio bug had come to surface all considering the trouble DM's and the site had to go through with the soundcloud incident.&nbsp;
1487800494
Phil B.
Roll20 Team
Sorry it's taken so long to get around to working on this, but it's finally happening. I'm having trouble recreating the issue myself, so I have some additional questions so see if I can better pinpoint what is causing this: 1. Those who are having the issue, do you have some kind of ad-blocker installed and running in Chrome, where you are having the issues? (this is a culprit because the issue is only happening in people's main browser. Most people don't install ad-block in a browser that they only use for a single site) 2. If you do have ad-block, could you try playing with the ad-block disabled and see if you still run into the issue. 3. This is a little more complicated, but when the issue pops up are there any errors that pop up in the network tab of the Chrome dev tools? This will require that you have the dev tools open the whole time you are playing, otherwise it won't be logging the network activity. I'm looking for errors specifically pointing towards a Fanburst URL. If you do have errors show up there please give me as much of that information as you can.
1487810137
Erickson
KS Backer
@ Phil B. Thank you for the suggestion!&nbsp;It may be a little pre-emptive, but I think you're on the right track with it being ad-blocker related. Right when you posted this, I whitelisted the entire Roll20.net and fanburst.com domains in AdBlock, then started a game session with a fanburst track playing on loop. As of the time of this writing, it's been playing non-stop for 2 1/2 hours. I started the network monitor in the Chrome dev tools to catch any errors that came up, but thus far, it's been 100% error free. Up until I tried this, music would die on me in less than an hour. I plan to keep my test running for the rest of the night to simulate a good long game session, but these are the most positive results I've had so far. Whitelisting the domains in AdBlock looks like it might just be a viable work around to this issue!
1487810950

Edited 1487811174
Got this issue in my game last monday. &nbsp;Thing is&nbsp;if the music stops, (single track played for 1-2 hrs that stopped) I just need to change the track and then i am good for a while. &nbsp;It's like the game was tired of hearing the same tracks for a while. &nbsp;Next game i'll&nbsp;try and have the dev tools open to log and note the info. &nbsp; I have no ad blocker installed what so ever FYI. &nbsp;Windows 7 with chrome&nbsp;56.0.2924.87. &nbsp;I use Roll 20 voice option to talk to my players.
1487814992

Edited 1487821351
I will try to play music for long term and see if my adblocker is stopping it. Right now, I am using uBlock origin and will give an update if the adblock being off fixes the issue. Updated: 7:41 PM I kept the music on for about 3 hours with the adblocker off and it didn't seem like the adblock is the culprit -- the music still stopped anyways.
1487865127
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Hi Phil. I use no adblock and still have problem with the sound. I will try to start up the Dev Tools and see what I can find.
1487894729

Edited 1487899522
Okay, just tried again with Google Chrome and having the R20 site white listed in my pop up blocker, the music still stopped after about an hour of looping, Google Chrome gave me the following error message: GET <a href="https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=e504113b-3c79-4b21-a4eb-cae721d65f54.mp3&m=…b-cae721d65f54.mp3&e=1487894455&s=3b173b5ae9837d2e037d7248f08e0961677eb31d" rel="nofollow">https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=e504113b-3c79-4b21-a4eb-cae721d65f54.mp3&m=…b-cae721d65f54.mp3&e=1487894455&s=3b173b5ae9837d2e037d7248f08e0961677eb31d</a> 500 (Internal Server Error) Further Update: When clicking to stop the track that's no longer playing I got the following error: Refresh jukebox List! app.js?1487867489:38 Scan for new plays! app.roll20.net/:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause(). app.js?1487867489:48 Refresh jukebox List! app.js?1487867489:38 Scan for new plays! After this I am able to play/loop other tracks without issue, however the original track still won't play unless I refresh my log in. Additional Update: One hour (on the dot) later and the new track once again failed with a similar error dl-a-82.fanburst.com/:1 GET <a href="https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=77844452-b832-4fb" rel="nofollow">https://dl-a-82.fanburst.com/?f=77844452-b832-4fb</a>... 500 (Internal Server Error) and again when pressing the button to stop it I got the same error as previously: app.roll20.net/:1 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a call to pause(). And while neither that track (nor the previous one) will play without refreshing the login, I can play other tracks without issue. Hope this helps someone get to the bottom of this?
1487910881
Have you tried whitelisting fanburst.com in your adblocker, too?