Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Whisper Rolls to Never Whisper Rolls

I am searching for an easier way to change the monster character sheets that come with the 5e purchased modules (Phandelver and SKT) from Whisper Rolls to GM: Always to Whisper Rolls to GM: Never .  Does this exist already?  Is this something that can be done with the API? I've been changing them manually through the monster's character sheets in the Beastiary, but this is becoming exceedingly tedious.  On a side note, I'm confused why the WotC material comes with monsters that always whisper their rolls to the GM as the default ... especially considering abilities like Bardic Inspiration which allows a player option to add a bonus roll once they see the dice roll but before success/failure is announced.  I feel like I'm missing something basic.
Because the devs were too short sighted to add a global option for character sheet settings. So they decided to hide instead of show, assuming most dm's would want to roll "behind the screen" instead of in the open.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can use the ChatSetAttr script to do this. I assume you're using the OGL sheet, then the command would be !setattr --allgm --wtype|
And just like that it is done!  Thank you, bless you, Jakob!!  I can't tell you how appreciative my party and I are.  Cheers!