Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Is this a new Idea

I am working on a api that would allow a GM to setup a pre-planned event with tokens, images or paths which could all be preset to change to different layers on the click of a button.  Has this already been done? My vision would allow you to preset tokens to move from the GM layer to the token layer, from the token layer to the GM layer, a path move from the GM layer to the walls layer and an image move from the GM layer to the map layer all on a signal push of a macro button.  A second click resets everything to the original layer.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Maybe have a look at Aaron's  Bump  script.
If I am reading that right it sounds like it only deals with tokens.  I am building something that would help with the following: The party is in a long hallway with a door at the far end.  Has the get about ten feet from the door they trigger a trap.  A wall appears between them cutting the party in two (wall image moves from gmlayer to map layer and a path moves from the gmlayer to walls layer for dynamic lighting).  The door in front of them opens and a flesh golem setps out.  (The path on the dynamic lighting layer walls moves to the gmlayer and the flesh golem ether steps forward or appears on the token layer).   All of that can take some time with the jumping back and froth between layers but my api will give you a button to do it all for you in seconds.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That sounds great, you should definitely write it. Bump only operates on tokens, but you might get some mileage out of how it uses transparent images and auras only the GM can see.  Look at Matt's Door Script as well. It does some of what you're after. 
Here is the link to the new LayerScripter API thread:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4565803/script-layerscripter" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4565803/script-layerscripter</a>
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Cool, looks&nbsp;good!